Chapter 32

Sorry I took so long everyone but I had to deal with a whole lot of stuff so please don't leave our journey in this book.

So enjoy!
------------------------------------------

Here we were on our way to my old pack. We have been traveling for a day and a half but we stop at a motel to rest up. Now we were already within the Moon Claw Pack territory and had start towards the pack house.

It will be so good to see my family again after so long. I wonder how everyone has been. I was siting next Derek as he drove ahead, leading the rest of the pack with us. I was a little nervous, I mean, how my dad will act when I see him. He might be still bitter from last time and I was worried.

Just then, Derek rest a reassuring hand on my lap to try and calm me down.

"Don't worry about," He said calmly. "This your family, I'm sure they will be happy to see you. Even your dad."

"I just hope you're right," I sighed and rested my head on my hand.

We arrived in front of the pack house gates and Xander was waiting in front for us.

Derek and I exited the car and we walked up towards him and greeted each other.

"Alpha Derek," Xander greeted Derek with a friendly handshake. "Luna Nyla."

"Come on, Xander. We knew each since first grade, you don't have to be so formal," I told him giving him a slight punch on the shoulder.

"If you say, Nyla. I'm so glad you made it and the Alpha will be happy to hear," He breathed a breath of relief.

"Speaking of Alpha Summers, where is he?" Derek inquired.

"You just mess him, he headed home to grab a few things." Xander explained.

"Hey Derek would it be okay if we head to my parents house?" I asked him hoping he would agree.

"Sure, why not," He shrugged.
"But remember what I said-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I cit him off pulled towards the car.

"I will leave my beta in-charge until we get back!" Derek yelled to Xander and he nodded in his confirmation.

Derek linked Allen, telling him to take over until we got back and Allen accepted the task.

We were on our way to my old house and my nervousness only grew. I took deep breaths and calmed myself. I didn't have to give Derek directions cause my house because he remembered the way from our previous encounter. I got over it of course, you know, forgive and forget.

Just pulled up in front of my old house, well here we go. We exited the vehicle and walked up the drive way. We reached the door and I rung the doorbell. We waited a few minutes and the the door opened.

"Can I help yo-" I was my little brother, Brooks. "Nyla?! Is that you?!"

"No it's the Easter bunny," I rolled my eyes, teasing him. "Of course it's me, now come and give me a hug.

I didn't need to say it twice. He gave a big squeeze and I returned it.

"Yeah, it's you alright," He confirmed. "Mom! Dad! Sarah! Come quick, Nyla's home!"

"Nyla?! Are you sure Brook?!" My mom came at the door.

"Positive mom, I mean I'm hugging her right now aren't I" My little brother answered.

"Nyla! It is you!" My mom rushed towards me with tears in her eyes. Brook then moved out of the way, allowing mom to hug me, too.

"I was afraid that I wasn't going to see you again," She whispered.

"Nyla!" Sarah called out to me.

"Come here and give your big sister a hug," I ordered and Sarah obeyed.

When I pulled away from my sister, Dad was there standing inside the house. I could tell by from the look of his eyes that he was glaring at Derek who was behind me.

"Nyla," My father nodded at me.

"Dad," I returned the gesture.

"Nyla, who is that guy standing behind you?" Asked Sarah.

"Um, well..." I walked towards Derek and wrapped my arms around him. "This is my mate, Derek."

"Nice to meet you all," Derek waved to my family. Then, my moms face fell.

"Um, kids, I think we should head inside and let your father and big sister speak in private," My siblings groaned but did as they were told.

My dad, Derek and I were just standing here and no one said anything. He stepped out and close the door behind him, so that our conversation would be overheard from the inside. My father turned his gaze to Derek and the two of them glared at each other.

"Dad, this has to stop," I broke the silence and my father's gaze snapped back to me.

"I agree," My father replied. "Nyla, why? Why try to save trash like him, he is not worth it. I want you to be happy not to suffer."

"Dad, I am happy," I walked over to Derek and intertwine our hands together. "Derek is my mate, dad. I love him, sure he can be bit overly-possessive and hard-headed from time to time." Derek gave me an "Are-you-serious?" side glance and I continued. "But he is mine and I feel happy with him, not everyone is perfect but he is trying for me, for us. Why is that so hard to understand?" 

I looked at my dad with eyes full of emotions. He looked unsure and took a moment to think of his next words. He cleared his throat and drew in our attention.

"Alpha Derek, a word please?" He called to my mate and started walking. 

"As you wish," He was walking off but I pulled him back to give him questionable look. "Don't worry, I'll be okay."

"That's right, Nyla. We are just going to talk," Dad reassured me. "Why don't you go inside and caught up with mother and siblings."

I hesitated, but reluctantly released Derek's arm, then he and my father disappeared into the forest.

A/N

I hope they have a friendly talked and don't kill each other. Cross your fingers!!! ;)