Chapter 23

One Week Later:

"What did you just say, Nela?" Derek looked surprised by my sudden statement.

"You heard me, I want to be announced as the Luna, you don't want me to?" I watch him for his answer. "I understand if you-"

"No, I would love to," He cut me and smiled, I sighed in relief. "It's just, what brought this on all of a sudden?"

"Well... You've proven that you do have a heart in that stone cold chest of yours and I've grown attached to this pack and everyone in it," I spoke truthfully. "So, I want to stand with you as your equally and help with the pack."

After I was done with my little speech, Derek had grin on his face stretching from ear to ear. He pulled me into his rock hard chest and gave me a strong squeeze, which was cutting me off from my air supply.

"D-Derek, I can't b-breathe..." I choked out. He let me go quickly and look me over.

"Shit! Sorry, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine just take it easy with the hugging," I rubbed my bruised arms.

"Okay, well I am going to get everything ready and set up, while you go and ready, alright?" He said walking to the door.

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed. "See you in a bit."

He went out the door, with a happy smile plastered on his face. I took the liberty of calling Kim and Lisa to help me get ready. They totally flipped when I told them I was stepping up to become Luna and told they would be right over. A lot happened this week after my father and my old pack came here, Kim and Allen fully mated, Ryder became Gamma and he marked Lisa, but Derek was a little pissed that Lisa didn't tell him right away. He cold down after we explained and everything moved on.

My two closes friends came barging into my room squealing.

"OMG, girl I can't believe your doing this!" Kim said with glee.

"Yeah I can't believe it either, so that's why I need your help with this," I told them.

"Bitch please, when we're finished with you, everyone with drop dead," Lisa reassured me.

With that said, we got to work. First we were going to start with my hair.

An hour and a half later:

When Kim and Lisa were done, I looked great. My hair was in a side twist french braid, I was wear a black dress and with silver heels. Also my makeup was done professionally and my nails look awesome. I turned to face Kim and Lisa and gave them a hug.

"Thanks you guys, I don't know what I would have done with out both of you," I pulled away from hugging them.

"Hey, what are friends for, right?" Lisa shrugged. "Plus, the Luna has to look her best, especially in front of the whole pack."

"Agreed," Lisa was right, I had to look my best.

"Now then, GO AND FIND YOUR MATE, GIRL," Kim pushed me to move. "We'll be getting ourselves ready for the announcement, since with spent all our time getting you ready."

"Right, so I will see you girls later, don't take too long," I playfully glared at them while walking to the door.

"Yes, Mom," They groaned in unison. Man I love those two.

I walked down to the first floor, towards Derek's office. When I got there, I knocked on the door waiting for a replied.

"Come in," I hear and walked in to find a well groomed Derek in a tux. When he turned around, his eyes widened and darkened, a bit filled with lust and it kind of made me feel glad that I had this effect on him too. I clear my throat trying to get his attention and he closed his eyes and shook his head trying to regain his focus. "Wow, you look... amazing!"