Chapter 20

Hey guys! Happy New Year, I want to give a special shoutout to dude134, thank you so much and I hope everyone enjoys this chapter.

Edited

Nyla's POV:

We walked deeper into the woods, Derek was beyond angry. What was his problem?! We were arriving at a clearing by the lake and I have to say, the moon looked beautiful reflecting off the water's surface. I know it wasn't the time to admire the surroundings, but hey I love moonlit night like this, sue me. We were starting to slow down from the walking and I felt Derek's grip on my wrist slacking. With one strong pull I was free and then I took a few steps back away from him. He glared at me for my actions with those pure black eyes, his wolf was in total control. He growled at me for putting a distance between us.

"Mine," He growled and started to stalking towards me. Not again, I can't handle him like this, not again. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat, you can see the fear on my face.

"Derek, stop! Just calm down and talk to me," I plead. I saw him stop for a moment and he close his eyes and took in deep breaths. When he open his eyes, they were back to their original color.

"Now, what is this about?" I asked him staring him directly into his eyes. "Why are you acting this way?"

"That guy was touching what was mine, I didn't like that," He stated, so simply.

"Well to bad, jackass! I am not yours," I replied angrily, but that made him growl louder.

"Yes, you are!" He said through clenched teeth.

"No I am not, I can't be mates with some cruel, bastard like you! The Moon Goddess must had made a mistake!" I countered. "You kidnapped me and my friend from my home, you have me under consent watch, you marked me against my will and you ignored me for two weeks, because you didn't had the balls to face me. But worst of all, you told me only your wolf wants me and not you, you know how much that hurts?!"

"Yes, I do. But the truth is, I do want you," He said to me, and I stared at him with wide eyes realizing what he just said.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"It's true, I love you, Nyla," He told me, I looked into his eyes and saw sorrow and sincerity. He was tell the truth.

"But why? Why lie to me then, Derek?" I questioned. "You said one thing, now you're saying another, you're so confusing."

"I know, I'm sorry, but I had a reason," He admitted.

"And what was the reason that you had, that made you stomp all over my heart?!" I asked with tears streaming doing my eyes.

"Because, I wanted to protect you from the dangers in my life," He stated while wiping away some stray tears from my eyes.

"You mean, dangers like Maverick, don't you," I asked and he stiffened.

"Yes, he is the number one reason, why I did what I did," Derek looked away.

"What did he do?" I asked. "Please tell me, Derek."

"He took the life of two people dear in my life, my mom and dad," Derek explained and I gasped. "In the begin, he was my dads best friend. He was also his Beta, my father treated him like family. He was a part of my childhood too, but that all changed. On the day I was given the Alpha title, rogues suddenly attacked. We lost a lot of people, including my parents. Maverick was the one behind it all. While I was killing any rouge in sight, Maverick stabbed my father with a silver bladed knife and watched as he bleed to death. My mother was beyond anger, she ran and lunged for Maverick but he pinned her down and finish her off."

I was horrified, that man caused my mate and his sister so much pain, what a monster, no even worse than a monster, a demon.

"That's why I kept pushing you away because I did wanted someone who I cared about, especially you my mate and my sister, to get involved in this, I was just afraid of losing the people so important in my life," He took hold of my hands and I felt sparks under my skin and my wolf purred in joy and I was blushing. "But when I saw you with that mateless male I just wanted to rip him to pieces for touching what was mine. I couldn't keep away anymore."

I saw his eyes going dark again, I hate to see him angry and my body just moved on its own and I didn't realize what I did until a few moments later, I kissed him. He was surprised at first, then he kissed back and deepened it. We made out for a few minutes. I was the one to push before it got too heated. We leaned on each others forehead and drew our breaths.

"Look Derek, hearing that story, changed my point of view on you, so I forgive you for marking me," I said and his eyes filled with joy. "I want us to work and you don't have to protect me so much because, I as you already know, I am a white wolf and I used to be a pack warrior, not as good as your warriors but I can still defend myself."

"Hmm, spoken like a true Luna," He said happily, making me blush. "Okay, but I will still try to protect you, not as much, but I will still protect you."

"Fine," I gave him a little peck on his lips. Finally, after all that suffering, I got my mate.

After we made up with each other, we headed back to the mansion. I was to tired to go back to the party and I needed to sleep. I was about to enter my room when Derek caught my wrist and pulled me in his hard chest. What's wrong now?

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"Ummm, my room?" I said.

"No you're not. Now that we are proper mates, you are sleeping with me from now on." He stated. He wanted me to sleep with him? Okay, I mean it's only natural. I agreed to it and we walked into his room, which is now our room. He scent was everywhere and I felt more relaxed.

"Here, put these on and let's get some sleep." He said handing my a long, black shirt. I took off my dress and pulled the shirt over my head. It reached my knees and covered my panties. I got in his bed, then Derek came in seconds after me, but I realized that he was only in his boxers. He turned off the light and pulled me close to his chest.

"Good night my little mate," He whisper into my ear and kiss my mark.

"Good night," I returned and let the darkness carry me into sleep.