Chapter 33

Derek's P.O.V

Nyla's father and I have been walking in the forest for a while now. Then without warning, he stopped and then punched me square in the jaw. I tumbled down to the ground but got back up quickly, rubbing my jaw. Yup, I saw this coming.

Bet-, I mean Alpha Summers looked pissed, staring at me intently.

"Look, I'm not going to lie, so I am just going to say it, I hate you Alpha Derek," He said without any emotion. "I don't know how the heck my baby girl got paired up with trash like you, but I know for sure the moon goddess made a mistake. You don't deserve her."

His words may have had no emotions but I could still pick up a hint of hatred in them. My wolf was getting worked up and wanted to knock Nyla's father around like a soccer ball, but I couldn't.

"You're right, I don't deserve her," I started. "But she was paired with me for a reason and that reason was to save me."

"What do you mean?" He asked. He looked at me in confusion and I was happy to enlighten him.

"Your daughter save me, saved me from my loneliness and from myself," I explained. "When I loss my parents from a rogue attack, I was alone, with my sister. I had to grow up fast and take charge. I killed rogue after rogue, in that it would bring me closer to my parents' murder.

But, Nyla saved me from that darkness, is helping to become a better person. That the reason she was paired with me by faith and I will take down anyone who tries to mess with that bond."

Alpha Summers was quiet for a few moments, and started to walk back the path we came.

"I will give you a chance, but I am not doing it for you I am doing it for Nyla," He explained. "So you better protect my baby girl. Understood?"

"I don't need you to tell how to do my job as a mate, of course I will protect her," I huffed at him.

"Fine, I guess I can't really do anything about this, especially if Nyla will hate me for it." He shrugged. "You are going to have to prove to me that you can be a good mate to my daughter. But let me warn you boy, if you so much as her my baby girl in the future, I will person wrap your ass apart."

I swallowed a lump down my throat, knowing he wasn't joking. But I shouldn't have anything to fear because I do anything for Nyla. I looked him in the eyes and nodded my reply, afraid my voice would come out shaky.

"Good, now that that is settled, let's head back, my wife probably has dinner ready," He said walking back in the direction we came and I followed in silence.

Nyla's P.O.V.

Where are they?! It's the sun was already setting and my dad and Derek are back yet. I getting a very bad feeling my father did something stupid again.

I was currently helping my mom get ready for dinner. We were have special meatloaf for dinner and it's to die for. Now, all we need is my mate and father to come home.

Really dad? Couldn't you have just got over it by now. Then suddenly, I heard the front door open. I walk out of the kitchen to who it was. Who ever they were, they're going to see me as a mess. I was make some salsa and let's just say the table wasn't stable. Then, my top got covered in salsa. I tried wiping it of but the stain was still there.

I walked into the corridor to see it was Derek and my father. My mate's eyes lit up when they saw me. He rushed over to me and engulfed me in his big arms.

"Wrong you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah... I'm fine," He replied. He pulled away and just look at me.

"What?" I asked slightly chuckling.

"Nothing, it's just that I am so lucky to have a mate like you," he leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Have I ever told you that?"

"No, I don't think you have," I said teasing him with a raised brow and smirk. Something must have happened out there, but I'll look into that later. Why ruin the moment, right?

We heard someone clearly their throat and like that, the moment was ruined. I looked up to see my father, oh my gosh. How embarrassing! Have my dad witnessing our moment, I completely forgot that he was still there.

"Well, now that I have your attention, shall we eat?" He asked walking towards the dinning room. "I'm assuming dinner is ready."

"Yeah, mom and I just set up the table," I reported.

"Good," He said disappearing around the corner.

I will never be able to live this do. Just kill me now.

Well, Nyla, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Any way, sorry for taking long everyone, I been super busy and I am trying hard to post some more updates faster in the future. And sorry if this one was too short.

Please give me some support with a comment and vote.