Chapter 39

Nyla's POV:

Finally after walking around, through from corridor to corridor, we made it outside. I took a deep breath and it was great. It was like my body was alive again. Not that it was dead or anything. However, that moment of joy was interrupted by gagging and then a sudden snap.

I wiped around to see Declan dropping a body. Did he just? He saw my face and gave me a knowing look, like he knew what I was thinking.

"I had no choice, he would of alerted the others," He explained while dragging away the dead body. Well...

"Let's just get out of here," I began walking in some random direction.

"Umm, Moon Claw Pack is in the other direction," Declan corrected me.

"I knew that,"

We have been walking for a couple of hours and I don't feel like we were getting any closer.

"Are we there yet?" I asked the most cliche question ever.

"We almost there just a little more," Declan answered.

"You said that half an hour ago, why couldn't we just take our wolves?"

"Because we are on the run and if we do, we will be making it easier for them to find us,"

Then it was silent between the two of us. It wasn't satisfying, irritating. So I decided to to keep up a conversation.

"So are you looking for your mate," I asked Declan and he slightly jumped when I mentioned the word "mate". "I mean if you are, we could look around Moon Claw to see if-"

"My mate is dead..." Declan suddenly cut me off. I was at a lost for word. Declan gave out a heavy sigh and continued. "It happen two years ago."

"You don't have to tell me,"

"But I want to," He proceeded on. "Her name was Sasha, see was breathtaking. She had thick long brown hair, emerald green eyes and a kind heart. She was also short and had a feisty spirit, that was what I liked about her the most.

One day I was scouting a territory for a raid when all of a sudden, I spotted a wolf on the edge of the border. It was a she-wolf and she was absolutely stunning."

He may not be showing but deep down I knew he was hurting. I am surprised that he hasn't gone insane from his wolf.

"She had spotted me and was on her guard. My wolf really wanted to have her so, I crossed the border. At first Sasha was pissed off, but when she caught my scent she relaxed. We immediately accepted each other. She asked me to join her pack, but I lied to her and told her I wanted to be free a little longer. I could tell her I was sent to do harm to her pack."

"So what did you do?" I asked wanting to know more.

"I come would around and visit her in that exact spot, where we met, and talked," He sighed out a happy breath. "But that all changed, after Maverick attacked her pack without me knowing about."

I gasped and he pressed on.

"When I found out it was too late, the pack was destroyed, dead bodies were everywhere. The rogues killed them all, even their children," A tear slipped out the corner of Declan's eye. "Finally I found Sasha, but she was dead, slashed up and badly beaten! After I mourned over death I buried her body in the spot we met for the first time. And that what happened."

At the end of the story, I was at a loss for words. I hugged him, he need the comfort after telling that sad tale. He hugged me back and sobbed bit. A while had passed and we pulled away, I was going to tell him something when all of a sudden we heard a howl and it sounded close.

"We have to move they've found our scent!" Declan exclaimed grabbing my hand pulled me away.

"We need to shifted, are you feeling up to it?" He rushed out his question.

"Yeah I am, I'm a lot tougher than you think," I winked at him. I maybe joking but deep down I was scared as hell.

Declan let go of my hand and got a running start, jumped and shifted in mid air. He wolf was a rust red and black. He had a big wolf and it looked like an alpha. I followed suite and out came my white wolf. We made a mad dash for it but howl just keep getting closer.

We made it out of the woods and in a meadow filled with flower. It would be better if it was day ,but so how then moonlight was just enough. But I digress. After taking another glance around the place, we were surrounded by rogues from every side and from every corner. A huge ugly wolf, covered in scars, came out of the group and snarled at us. I could tell that he was Maverick, just by his dark waves of his aurora, saying he is not to be messed with. He shifted back to his human form and approached us. Declan shifted back and growled at him. What is going on here? The awkward thing is that their both naked in front of my. Oh my poor virgin eyes.

"So you betray me and your pack, after everything after we were so close?" How dare he? He is the cause of all this! Not to mention that he has cause everyone pain in their past.

"Me? Betrayed you?," Declan gave out humorless laugh. "Maverick, I was NEVER on your side. You took my friends, my pack, my parents and most importantly, you took away my mate from me! And you actually thought I was lenient to you? You have got to be more bat shit crazy than I originally had thought."

Maverick growled at him and grew out his fangs and claws. However, something seemed unusual about them. They looked like a silver-gray.

"Let's settle this how our kind always do," He snarled.

Declan drew his claws too and rushed him. Declan swung at him with his left but Maverick dodged it. He tried again, but this time with right. Maverick caught his hand however, and back-hand slapped Declan. This can't be happening to Declan, he is an alpha, AN ALPHA!

Declan stumble back, then regained his balance. I smell blood, then that's when I there were claw marks on his face. He hiss when touched.

"It's just a scratch, but it hurts more than it should. Like it burning my face," He said holding his cheek.

"Hmm, guess I should clue you in, huh?" Maverick raised his claws. "My claws, you see, are coated in silver and wolvesbane," He said it so casually, but this was a big problem. Silver are lethal to werewolves alone, just imagine what they could do together. This was good.

It didn't last long, Declan as he was pinned down by Maverick, who's claws were raised up high ready to end Declan's life. I wanted to help so badly, but I was surrounded by this annoying ass rogues! I do anything not alone.

"I'm afraid play time is over boy, you should have submitted when you had the chance. Now I will make you an example," Maverick snickered.

"Better dead than being one of your sacrificial pawns, you asshole!" He growled out.

Maverick was pissed off by that comment and swung down with force. This is it! It all over! Derek where you?!

Then suddenly, my praise seem to have been answered. Because I smell chocolate and a black blur came out of nowhere and knocked over Maverick. Only to be reveal as a big black wolf and just any black wolf. It was mu mate, Derek.

A/n

Well I suck at writing fight scenes, but I will trying to get better. Stay tuned everyone cause the next chapter will have more and here is even more news, Someone. Will. Die. So yeah...

Anyway, please don't spoil it for yourself okay and I will see you there. Bye!