Chapter 41 (Finale)

Still continuing in Third Person

The tide of this war is now full on in the hands of Bloodfang and Moon Claw. However, they couldn't let their guard down yet. Especially since they still had a hand full of rogues to deal with. Rogues have almost been defeated, most dead, some captured and the rest is being dealt with. However, Derek still had his battle going.

Derek was still fight off Maverick and it seemed to be a stale mate.
From the begin of the fight, Derek had shaken up Maverick a little, giving him the edge. But it didn't last long. Maverick managed to calm himself, and the fight was slowly going towards his favor.

Derek growled viciously at the rogue that caused him so much pain in his youth. The man who took his parents' life was going to pay for his sins.

But Derek had to good about things with caution, because he was already getting tired. Also that he had to avoid Maverick's poisonous claws. But the out of nowhere, Maverick sent Derek flying from a swift hind-leg kick. Derek then collided with a near by rock and it met with his back.

Derek was on the ground incapable of getting up. It appeared  colliding with that rock broke some of his ribs. This was terrible! Now Derek was completely at Mavericks mercy, not that he had any...

"Was this how it going to go down? Maverick getting away with everything and being able to see my beautiful Nyla?" Derek thought.

Maverick stalked up to Derek and pressed his paw hard on his throat. This seem to be Derek's last moment. He slowly shifted back and waited to be finished.

Just then a single was heard through the chaos, and that voice belonged to, none other than Nyla, Derek's mate.

"What the hell are doing?!" Shouted Nyla from across the field.

"Nyla?" Derek choked out.

"Get off your ass and knock that guy into next week!" Nyla yelled again.

Just then, Derek was suddenly feeling energized, it was his wolf. Derek's wolf was responding to his mate's pleas, he was raring to go again, but this time to win. He thrust his leg upward, knocking the wind out of his opponent's lungs.

Derek took the opportunity to getaway from Maverick and shift back into his wolf. And Duncan, Derek's wolf, was back... With a purpose. Maverick, getting his breath back, growled in anger.

The two circled each other while glaring daggers. They paused for a moment..... Then sprung into action! Maverick came full speed, swinging his silver and wolvesbane tipped claws at Derek and somehow managed to avoid them.

Catching sight of an opening in his attacks, Derek then duck and slid underneath him, clawing out his hind leg in the process. A whine could be from Maverick, but soon it turned into a snarl. Maverick charged once more, but this time it was different. His attack were off-balanced because of his now bad leg and now Derek was in control. Derek on the psycho's back and started slashing away. He got a few good scratches in before Maverick shook him off. Maverick barely had enough energy to stay, it was all over. He was couldn't believe that was lose to this pup of an alpha.

Derek got behind Maverick while he was have his metal breakdown and clamped his jaw on his neck and forced him down to submit. The rogue struggled for a while, trying to break free from his grip, but Derek just added more pressure making Maverick see that he was in control of this situation. And a little while passed and that was it, Maverick submitted.

Feeling this Derek let go of his neck and both of them shifted back.

"This war is over, Maverick," Derek huffed out a tired breath. "You will terrorize no more innocence people."