Chapter 34

New book cover!!! xD

Today was going to be the last day of Moon Claw Packs training and it wasn't getting them here... Believe me.

We were doing ten laps around the territory and everybody was actually keep up. You should have seen them before, they were terrible, could barely do five laps. Anyway thing have been slow late. The rogue attacks have died down to and that should be a go thing, but it's not. I have a feeling they were planning something and what ever it, I could tell no good will come out of it.

We had just arrived at the front of the pack house and I gave them a fifteenth minute break. Just then two figures walked toward us. To my great displeasure, it was Ashley and the no good son of b*tch, Johnny. They were on holiday, in Paris before the rogue attack started and now here they are, like everything was okay.

"Hey everyone! We're back from Paris!" Ashley shouted, but no one paid here any mind. "Well..."

"The Drama Queen returns," I said out loud. Ashley's eyes snapped to me and she had the look of confusion followed by look of disgust.

"Nyla? What are you doing here?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Luna Nyla, to you," I corrected her. "And my pack and I are here to help your pack with the rogues."

"Rogues?! You leave the pack for two weeks and look what happens!" Ashley exclaimed. "But that doesn't tell us why Alpha Charles would ask for your help, weren't our packs like enemies or something?"

There was a sad pause before I explained. "Alpha Charles is no longer with us."

Ashley and Johnny were shocked by this grim news, just like any other, Ashley shook her head and looked annoyed.

"You're lying! There is no way that he die! Stop lying bitch!" She shouted. Everyone gasped at her sudden outburst but I was unfazed by this. You see Ashley may be a self-adsorbed bitch, but she had a lot of respect for Alpha Charles. 

"It's true Ashley, Alpha is dead, he die protecting a pack member's pup on the battle field," Coming from a random pack member and a few nodded and sad looks confirmed it to be true.

"W-well who the new Alpha then?" Ashley asked all of a sudden.

"Beta Summers took the Alpha position and is now the current Alpha," Another pack member from Moon Claw explained.

"Wow... I knew it. Your father just wanted power and now that Charles is gone, he has it," Ashley said accusingly and everyone gasped.

"What did you say?!" I asked walking up to. How dare she say that?! "I'm gonna-"

"Do what, Luna," Johhny interrupted, stepping in between us. "No one threaten my mate while I am here."

"Well it's a good thing she isn't your mate," I answered back.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know that Ashley here isn't your real mate," I deadpanned him, making everyone gasped again and his and Ashley's face fell. "You just told everyone that Ashley was your mate, because you rejected your true mate, June Flynn."

Everyone was taken by surprise that Johnny would do that, and some looked even more disgusted by Ashley, if that's even possible.

"Yeah? So what?" He shrugged. "June was weak and I wanted a strong, more beautiful mate. Ashley here was perfect."

"If you truly believe that, then I am glad she isn't with a heartless bastard like you and with a more caring guy, like Dimitri."

"Who the hell is, Dimitri," Johnny's expression change from smug to furious, looks like someone wolf is surfacing.

"Oh, he's just June's second chance mate, I can even show you a picture of them together," I reach in to my yoga pants pocket for my phone and show them a pic of June and Dimitri. "And might I say, he sure is a better match up for her than you."

That seemed to have ticked him off, because his eyes were fully black and his clothes were ripping meaning he was shifting. All in a few moments, Johnny was fully transformed.

I wasted no time shifting, too. His wolf looked like it was in full control and someone had to remind him who's in charge around here. We circled each other for a few minutes, looking for an opening we could take advantage of. After getting tired of waiting, Johnny attacked. I was about counter him, when all of a sudden, Derek came out of nowhere and rammed Johnny in his side.

"What are you doing? I had him!" I scream at Derek. "How are you even here? I thought you were still in a meeting."

"A pack member alerted me of what was going on," He looked at me and then turned back, growling at Johnny. "And I let the other times slide and let you dealt with them, but enough is enough."

I was about to say something, but he shut me out of his mind. Johnny rushed Derek and swung his left claw at his face. Derek ducked however, he got down on his front legs and kick Johnny his hinded legs. Johnny was disoriented for a moment, but recover quickly. He sure knew how to take a hit. He came in again snapping his jaws at Derek, but he managed to sidestep it. Then Derek jumped on Johnny's back and forced him to the ground. Derek had Johnny's neck in his teeth and bit down, but Johnny was thrashing around refusing to submit. Derek just bit down harder and gave Johnny one big growl. Johnny stopped moving around and whimpered to show he was submitting.

When Derek let go of Johnny, Johnny shifted back and laid there naked. Ashley then came with a blanket, covered Johnny and help him to his feet. When they walked pass me, I gave them some words.

"I guess you two do deserve each other, you both talk a big game, but could never deliver," I said smirking. The two shot me a death glare and left.

My gaze returned to my mate and he was just puting on some shorts a pack member must have given him. I ran to him and hugged him from behind. He looked back and shot me a smile.

"You were amazing," I told my mate.

"I know," he chuckled and turned around. "I'm really glad your okay."

"Excuse me? I should be the one to say that," I punched his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah," he waved me off and pulled me into a off guard kiss, which I had no problem with. We kissed for a while then I pulled away.

"I love you," I said breathless.

"I love you, too," He said back.

A/N

Hey everyone! Now you see what a really jerk Johnny is. Aren't you glad Derek beat him up.

Tell me in a comment and please vote. Thanks!

-songbird125