Chapter 01

Pic of Nyla

It was morning, the sun was shining in my eyes and I could hear the birds singing.

Noisy birds.

I pulled the covers over my face to block out the sunlight so I could go back to sleep. Honestly, I just didn't felt like getting out of bed, but that all changed when I caught a whiff of something good. If that's what I think it is, then it's worth getting out of bed.

I un-earthed myself from my bed sheets and used my werewolf speed to beat my little brother and sister to the dinning room.

And yes, I am a werewolf and so was my entire family, but I was a little different but thats a story for later. My father is Beta of The Moon Claw and our pack population is around 150. That's mostly an average number for a pack. Werewolves don't get their full powers and can't shift until they're at least 13, also when they turn 18, they are able to find their mates. But trust me when you get to final shift you'll feel so free, that's the experience I want my brother and sister to feel.

Speaking of those tiny devils, they finally made it into the dinning room. Brook, my little brother took the seat on right and Sarah, my little sister took the seat on my left. Out of the two, Brook is the oldest, he is 12 and Sarah is 10.

The wonderful smell got closer when my mom walk out with a tray filled with three plates of my favorite breakfast; chocolate chipped pancakes with bacon.

"Who's hungry?" She asked in a playful.

I bounced up and down in my seat and I got some weirded out looks from my siblings.

"Are you okay?" Brook asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, shut up," I snapped at him before taking a bit of my tasty pancakes. Mmmh, they're so good. "So where is dad?"

"He had to go to meeting to prepare the Mating Season Party for tomorrow night," My mom stated.

That is where I will meet my mate tomorrow! I can't wait.

After breakfast, I hurried to my bathroom to get ready. I showered, blow dried my hair and brushed my teeth, now the only thing left to do is to find out what I going to wear. Ten minutes went by and I still can't find anything to wear, just then I heard a knock on my door and it was Sarah. "Nela, you ready yet, mom said she's leaving in a few minutes."

"I'm coming, stall her will ya?" I sent back.

"Fine, but just hurry!" She boomed and then I heard her walking away.

I had to hurry, so I slapped on a blue top with black frills, black skinny jeans and a pair of black flats, I grabbed my backpack and I was down the stair use my werewolf speed, yet again.

"I'm ready for school," I announced.

"Finally, we can go," My brother mumbled to himself.

"I heard that!" I snapped at him.

"You were meant to," he shot back.

After we dropped off the evil duo at their school, it was a long car ride to my school. We stopped by the front entrance and my mom leaned in for a kiss, I dodge her and tried to get out of the car but she grabbed my wrist.

"Either you give me my kiss or you won't be going to the Mating Season Party," My mom stated coldly.

"Mom!" I wined but I could see in her eyes that she is serious and gave in. "Fine!"

"I'm waiting," She states then I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she returned it. "Love you."

"Love you, too," I shouted back giving her a smile.

"Nela!" I turn to see my best friend,  since forever, Kimberly. I call her Kim for short.

"Hey girl," I ran to her, embracing each other.

We walked into school, where every day drama was, and got to our lockers to get ready for class.

"You ready for tomorrow?" I asked with a joyful smile.

"Girl, I already told you, I don't care if I find a mate or not," she states bluntly. "I don't need someone who is going to tell I'm hot and beautiful for the rest of my life, I already know those things."

Kim is a werewolf just like me, well not just like me. She sees have a mate is a bad thing. I on the other hand, am crazy to find mine. Oh, where are you, mate?

"Don't worry, we will find him," My wolf Jasmine reassured me.

"Uh oh, jerky bitches at 3 o'clock," Kim woke me from my thoughts.

"I smelled their bad perfume the moment they walked in," I replied.

"Well. Well. If isn't two of the school's biggest losers," Ashley spoke.

"Good one, Ashley," Said June, Ashley's follower.

God I hate these two, they've been giving us trouble since freshmen year.

"Well if isn't the wicked witch and her pet flying monkey," I said causing Kim to chuckle.

"Watch it, you two," Ashley warned us still pissed from my last comment. "I control this school, remember? So I could make your lives a living hell."

"Our lives are in hell right now from standing next to you two," Kim countered.

"Arghhhh..." Ashley screams and walked away with June following close behind.

After the two bitches were gone, the bell rang signaling that class. Well next up, is Mathematics.

Derek's POV

"Alright you, talk," I demanded holding a rogue by the throat. "What are you doing in my territory? Who sent you?"

"I don't have to tell you anything, I'll take it to my grave," The rogue stated firmly.

"Oh yeah? Well that can be..." I was cut off by my cell phone. What is it now. "Allen, would you mine, I need to take this."

"No problem," My Beta took over.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, Alpha Derek, this is Alpha Charles of Moon Claw pack,"  This is unusually of him to call me. "Sorry to spring this on you all of a sudden, but we would like to invite you to our Mating Season Party. Will you be attending?"

"No, we will not," Honestly the last thing I needed was a mate right now.

"Oh yes you do," My wolf protested. "The pack needs a Luna and you need a mate, you need some happiness."

"I don't need anymore distraction in my life," I countered.

"Trust me it's worth it," My wolf plead.

"Are you sure you are not coming?" Charles double checked.

"On second, I changed my mind, you can expect me and some of my pack members to attend."

------
Author Note:

Let me know what you think of the story with your comment and don't forget to vote!