Chapter 02

Pic of Kim

Tonight was the night, I was finally going to meet my mate. The only thing that would make this better is that I have something to wear. I heard a knock at my door revealing that it was my mother. She laid on side of my door frame holding a box with a happy grin plastered on her face.

"Look at you," She walked in with a proud feeling in her eyes. "All excited for tonight."

"I am, really!" I spoke out almost shouting. "But I can't find anything to wear. I've mostly wore everything in my close."

"That why I got you this," My mom said placing the box she was holding on my laps.

I opened to the find a beauty dress inside, it was simply beautiful. It was a dark-ess navy blue with black frills. It was absolutely breath taking.

"Mom, this dress is amazing," I said in shock. "Where on earth did you get this?"

"I wore the same dress when I met you father at the Mating Season Party, when I was your age," My mom explained spacing out going through her memories. "Your father met me on the dance floor. I was just enchanted by his eyes. Once we looked in to each others eyes, I knew we were mates."

"That's amazing, I hope I get to experience that feel with my mate soon," I sighed.

"You will honey, have faith in your dear mother," She held my hands. "I had that dress fixed up by a friend of mine to give it back its natural luster."

"Thanks mom, this means a lot," I gave her one big hug.

After we chatted, I hopped into the shower, brushed and styled my hair, with help from my mom, and got my purse ready, putting a couple on mints in just in case. I was ready, wearing some black heel that went great with the dress. While I was admiring myself in the mirror, I heard a horn honked outside, knowing it had to be Kim.

I dashed out, but before I could get to Kim's jeep, my dad caught me by the wrist.

"Whoa there... Where's the fire kido?" My dad joked. "My. My. Look at you, you look your mother the first time we met."

"I know," I explained to him. "She told me while I was getting ready."

"I hope you find a mate tonight, honey," My father wished me good luck. "A good one! Not one of those sex hungry muts."

"Dad! Urgh! Really?" I was grossed out by his last statement. "If I do find one, he will an honest one."

"Ok, sweetheart," Dad said moments before Kim blew the horn again, thus breaking up our little father-daughter moment. "You better get moving, or your friend there might wake up the whole neighborhood."

"Yeah, suppose so," I shot back. "I'll see you when I get home, okay."

After that was over, I joined Kim in the car and she hit the gas hard. We were on our way toward the Mating Season Party.

"Could you have been more noisy?" I asked bluntly.

"Could you been more slow and prissy like a bitch?" She asked back.

"Hey!" I snapped at her.

"Just kidding," She reassured me. "You look great. And I really mean, 'Great."

"Thanks, you too," I returned the compliment. "Now, are we ready to our long waiting males?"

"Do I have a choice?" Kim spat out.

"Nope!" I said in a cheery tone. "To the party!!!"

Derek's POV

"I look stupid in this suit," I spat out, bluntly.

"That attitude you have makes you look stupid in anything," Allen joked, I was so not in the mood. "And would it kill you to crack a smile?"

"I'm not much of a fun guy," I admitted.

"Yeah, I noticed that part long ago, Derek," Allen rolled his eyes. "Tonight is the night for you to loosen up yourself and find someone."

"Well, we'll see," I shrugged. "Let's get to the SUVs. Is everyone else ready to leave?"

"Yes, Alpha," Allen asked formally. "Everyone is at front of the pack house waiting for you."

"Ok then, let's go!" I said as we used our werewolf speed to save some time.

When we arrived, everyone stopped talking about what ever they were discussing and we loaded up the SUVs.

~~~~~~

After an hour long drive, we finally crossed of to the Moon Claw pack territory. Oh my god that was fucking annoying. I just hoped it was worth all the trouble.

"It is, you will see, we will finally meet our mate," My wolf, Duncan, said purring at the thought.

"The only reason I am doing this, is because you wouldn't stop bugging me to go," I mentally hissed at him. "So you should consider yourself lucky."

"Don't you mean we're the lucky ones?" My wolf corrected.

"What ever just try not embrass me over there, sniffing every un-mated female we come across."

After that, I pushed him into the back of my mind to keep him quiet. Finally, some peace and quiet.

The long agonizing drive was over, we stopped in front of a fancy establishment, looks like they don't want to see their pack house. It must be a pig's pen. As we made our way inside the resturant, some of my pack member's had already found their mates.

I felt really uncomfortable, because of the millions of un-mated females like they haven't seen a male in their lifes. One by one, they asked me to come and dance, but I rejected every single offer. Some just wouldn't take no for an answer, so I had to scare them off with some growls.

Basically in a sense, I was annoyed. It wasn't until Allen came and place his hand on my shoulder that I calmed down.

"You okay?" Allen asked with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine, just not use to this," I admitted, passing my hand through my hair.

"Well that's why I'm here the same as you, I want to find a mate," My Beta said passion in his voice. He deserves a little happiness in his life after all, he puts up with me.

Unlike me, who doesn't. Where my life is right now I don't want anyone going down the same painful path as me. I don't want a mate to hurt her in the end.

"Well, I going to grab a beer and continue the search," Allen said with a half smile. "You do the same okay, you are not leave her with out your mate."

He made it clear that I must find my mate or I will never hear the end of it. With that, Allen disappeared into the crow. The music got louder and the crow got more wild, so I to decide to step out. Walked to back porch of the resturant and starred into the dark forest in the distance.

Strangely, I notice someone sitting on a huge rock, just a few feet in front of the forest. I walked slow to the figure only to find out, it was a girl with dark red-ess hair in a dark blue shiny dress. Her scent was amazing as growl of pleasure ecaped from my throat and girl snapped her head toward me and our eyes met.

"Mate?" We both said out.

Hope you guys liked this chapter, I tried to make it as good. If you like or not it's up to you I won't force to like.

But I will urge you to vote and leave a comment about it or give me some ideas. I'm already coming up with some new idea but i will accept an idea from you guys.

Thanks ;)