Chapter 12

Edited
Derek's POV:

How on earth does Nyla know about that bastard, Maverick. I never told her anything and how did she found out that he was coming and with an army? There was something that she wasn't telling me, but I will deal with her later, right now I have a battle to prepare for. I ordered my top warriors to the north side of the territory.

I was a about to join them when, my hand was jerked back and judging by the sparks, I kinda had an idea who it was.

"What do you want, Nela?" I asked pulling my hand out of her grip.

"I'm coming with you," She said, was she crazy or what?

"Absolutely not!" I exclaimed. "Look, I don't know how you knew about Maverick, but trust me. The guy is dangerous and you would only get in the way, so stay here and stay out of trouble."

"But-" I cut her off.

"No buts! I am the Alpha here and I order you to say here! Do I make myself clear!?" I yelled out and she nodded in agreement. "Good, Dmitri will escort you back to the house. And Dmitri makes sure she stays this time and away from the action."

"Yes, Alpha," He bowed his head, guiding Nyla to the mansion.

I know that Dmitri will keep her safe because he knows my wolf and I would kill him if anything were to happen to her.

Maverick is the reason my parents were gone. He was the reason, my sister and I were all alone. I wanted nothing more than to ripe his throat open and make him drown in his own blood. That is the reason why I don't want Nyla getting involved because the path I'm walking has to much blood on it and I don't want a drop getting on Nyla's hands.

I exited the holding cells, pushing back those thoughts deep in my mind. I shifted into my midnight black wolf form and ran through the pack, any non-warriors I saw I told them through mind-link to get inside and lock the doors. Just so you know, I don't plan to leave my pack totally defenceless, I order I few wolf to stay behind and guard the pack in case any rouges slipped through.

With all of the done, I ran into the forest with some of my best warriors behind me. We head toward the far north side of the territory to cut off Maverick's forces. We ran for a great distance dodging trees and stray branches but avoided them with easies.

Finally, we came to a clearing and and waited. A few minutes later, I heard twigs snapping and bushes shaking and then rouges stepping out one by one into the open. Their fur covered with dirt and some of them had flies circling over their head. Shower much, some of the warriors shake their heads in disgust. Then I saw him. A larger wolf with a scar on his left eye came out of the bushes and the rouges bowed their heads in his presence. I knew it was him because I gave him that scar, giving him something to remember me by.

He shifted in front of us and looked like he want to talk. My wolf was edging me to kill him where he was, he was weak in human form but that would be to easy. If I wanted to kill him I want it to be wolf to wolf.

Tension was high in the air, everyone waited for someone to make a move. I shifted into my human form and accepted to talk.

"Well, well. Long time no see kid, you look just like your father and you have your mother's eyes," Maverick smirked.

"Shut the fuck up! You don't the right to talk about my parents, you murderer," I growled in my Alpha tone, some of his wolves whimpered but Maverick remained unfazed. "They trusted you and you betrayed them. You are nothing more but traitor."

"I did what was neccessary for the pack, your parents were weak just like you," He said and that just made my blood boiled. "By the way, I am curious to know how you caught on to us so quickly."

"I have my sources," A naggy one.

"Oh Angelica would have loved this, if it weren't for your parents," He growled. "She would have still been alive. Now I'm gonna send you to meet them."

"A little cocky are we," I pointed out. "I would be careful if I were you."

"I'll keep that in mine, when I'm gutting you like a pig," Maverick stated.

That was it. Anymore word would be meanless now. Actions speaks louder than words and my actions were going to scream the loudest.

I shifted back into my wolf and we all got down on our paws, ready to pounce. Maverick signaled his mutts to attack and all hell broke loose, but we were already kicking ass.

I broke through a huge crowd of rouges and snapped their heads in the process. I can see this army was mean for a surprise attack because some of these rouges were inexperienced. This was child's play, but I shouldn't lower my guard. Just then, I felt a pair of jaws sink into one of my hind legs and I let out a yelp. I managed to shake free before the injury got to serious. I turned around to see to see it was Maverick. When I got my balance back, I lunged for his neck two times but he avoid me. He aimed for my legs again, but I jumped over to his blind spot and return the favor by bit his hind leg. He yelped out and I bit down harder than he did make sure he couldn't get loose. He let out a furious growl and dropped roll thus shaking me off. We back to circling each our, I was going to settle this here and now.

I lunged for him again but three rouge wolves stepped in between us. Coward, hiding behind his men. Maverick back away, flashing me wolfy grinned and disappeared into the woods along with his followers. I growled with dissatifation, I was going to chase them but Allen stopped me and shook his head. I will get my revenge Maverick, do not make light of me.

A/N

Wow talk about a blast from the past and now you guyz know a little more about Derek. Sorry if the fighting scene didn't feel that exciting I will keep trying. Anyway, you guyz know what to do.

Vote!!!

Comment!!!

And Share!!!