Chapter 53

Grace pov
Harry finally let me get up and we took a shower, then got dressed. "So now what?" I asked. "A day in the country with my girls." Harry said. "Alright," I said. We left and I got Faith from the nursery. But Kate had already gotten her. We went to brunch, Kate and Will were their with our children. Kate gave me Faith as Charlotte sat on her other knee. I kissed Faith's cheek. "How did you two sleep?" Will asked. "Like I haven't slept in months." I said. Harry laughed.

After breakfast, we backed bags for three days and I got Faith from the nursery and went down to the carport. I put my hair into a beanie, because I didn't want to dye my hair back till the new year. So even though the media would think Harry's off with another, when in reality it really is me.

He open the passenger door for me. I got in, I looked back at Faith. She was in her car seat. Harry got into the drivers seat, and cranked the car.

We left Kensington, and after a grueling process of getting out the city, we started towards Harry's childhood home. I turned the radio on, candle in the wind was play. "Goodbye Norma Dean..." I sang along with the radio. "It seems like forever since I've heard you sing." Harry said. I smiled. "It has," I said. He put his hand on mine. He lifted my hand to his mouth and he kissed it.

•••
We eventually made it to the house. It was late, since we'd left around lunch. Faith was asleep in the back. Harry got the bags out. I got Faith out, and carried her in. I went in and Harry already had dismissed the staff. Harry put our bags in our room, while I put Faith in her bed. "A weekend just for ourselves." Harry whispered in my ear. I smiled, "did I ever tell you, I love you?" I asked. "I don't think so," Harry said kissing my cheek. I turned around and put my arms around his neck, he put his arms around my waist. I kissed him. We left and softly closed the door so we didn't wake Faith. We went into the living room, and sat on the couch, I curled up next Harry. "What's going to come next?" I asked.

•••

-a year later-
We were at Faith's second birthday, I kissed my baby girl's cheek. Her face was covered in frosting. I whipped her off and put her down, she ran away to play with her cousins. I sat down next to Harry. His family was here along with a few of our friends were there. "Where did the time go?" Harry asked. "I've been wondering that also." Her Majesty said. I smiled, Faith ran over to me, "when...when are we gonna go home?" She asked, we had moved into Harry's childhood home in the country. I was working party time with the Serenity House because I was also putting royal duties into my schedule, I started embracing The princess role. Her Majesty had given majority of her responsibilities to Kate, Harry and I. Yes we weren't always all home all the time, and I treasured the moments we were together. But this was my life now, I'd tried to avoid it for three years but I couldn't any more. "Soon darling, go play with your cousins." I said.

A week later I was in London at the Serenity house. I'd been feeling bad for the last few days and I knew exactly why, I was pregnant. I hadn't told Harry yet, I was trying to find a moment when I could sit him down and tell him.

I helped Angie prepare lunch for the girls, most of the ones I'd grown attached to, had returned to they're families or moved out and we're going to University. Angie had actually adopted Ren, who was attending University.

I was cutting up the carrots for the salad, when my phone rang. I wiped my hands off and answered it. "Hello, this is Princess Grace." I said. As I held it between my ear and shoulder. "Your highness, a Car is on its way to pick you up and bring you to Buckingham, something has happened to the Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge." The man said. I put the knife down. "Angie I've got to go, something came up." I said as I ran to the living room and turned the Telly on to see if the news was reporting it. "What's going on?" I asked. Kate, Will, George, and Charlotte were going to Sicily. I prayed nothing bad would happen to them. I ran back to the kitchen, I slipped and hit my head, then everything went black.

•••

The car pulled up and I went out to it. I was taken to Buckingham, and directed to Her Majesty's study. Harry, Faith, Camilla, Prince Charles, Prince Phillip, Her Majesty along with Kate's family were waiting there. "What's going on?" I asked as I sat down next to Harry. "They're plane's engine and computer are failing." Harry said. "What? Are they going to be alright?" I asked. "We don't know." Carole said. I bit my lip. The phone rang, we jumped. Prince Charles answered the phone. "Hello?" It was Kate she sounded scared, Charlotte was crying in the background. "Kate are you alright?" Pippa asked. "We don't know, Will and the pilots are trying to fix it, but we don't think we will make it out of it." she sobbing. Harry squeezed my hand, and moved Faith into my lap. Kate screamed, "Kate are you alright?" I couldn't help but ask. "It's just very rocky." She said. "Mummy what's going on?" George asked. "It'll be alright." She said. "Kate," it sounded like Will. "It's our family," Kate said. "Hello?" Will said. Harry started asking about some pilot Jargon. "It doesn't look good, we're not going to make it out of this." Will said. I swallowed. "You would have made an excellent King." Prince Charles said. "Thank you, you better be an excellent one," Will said. Harry looked like he was going to cry, yet he was holding his tears back. "tell your family, you love them." Kate said. George and Charlotte said they loved us. "Hey, Harry. It seems Kate, George and Charlotte will get to meet mum." Will said. "Tell mum I love her." Harry said, his voice breaking. He was still trying to keep his composer. "I love you Gran, grandad, father, even Camilla. Take care of Harry, Grace. I love you both." Will said. "Mum, Daddy, I love you so much. Pippa and James I love you too also. I love all of you so much." Kate said. "I love you mummy." George said. that was the last thing we heard. I bit my lip.

We sat I silence, with the exception of the Middleton's sobs. I got up and walked away. I had my back to the family. I put my hand on my stomach, I was going to tell Harry tonight. But it didn't seem like the right time.

When the hour was up, we were informed that They're plane had gone down in northern Italy, and that it was being investigated. "Grace let's go," Harry said. I got up, with Faith in my arms and we went to Kensington.

When we got there. Harry yelled at the staff to leave. I put Faith in her room. Harry was in our room, starring out the window. I closed the door, Harry broke down crying. I went over and hugged him. He fell to his knees, I held him as he cried. I glanced out the window and already saw a small collection of flowers outside the gates. I also was crying, but I wasn't sobbing like he was. "First my mother, then my Brother and his family." Harry said. "Harry it's going to be alright." I said rubbing his back. "They'll live on." I added with a hand on my stomach. "Gracie," he sniffled, I took my hand away from my stomach. I lifted Harry's head of my shoulder, and held his face in my hands, our foreheads touching. "You've helped me with situations of grief, now it's my turn." I said. His eyes read of sorrow. "It's going to be okay, we're going to get through this." I said. He nodded. I helped him up, he laid on the bed and continued to mope.

I left him for a moment to get Faith. I took her back to our room. Harry had pulled all the covers of the bed and looked to be building a fort with the bed sheets. "After my mother died, Will and I slept on the floor in a fort we had made." Harry said. I put Faith down and she ran over to Harry. She kissed his Cheek, the corners of his mouth turned up, yet his eyes still read of grief. We set up the rest of the fort and climbed in, Harry laid on his stomach while I Laid on my back. "I'm second in line now." Harry said. "Today's been rough." I said resting me head next to his arm. He put his arm around me and we laid on our selves. "I'm hungry." Faith said. "That means she's going to be Queen." I said looking at Faith. "Queen Diana Faith Elizabeth Spencer of Wales, I can't be King, I'm not fit to." Harry said. "We will figure this out." I said kissing him. He laid on his back as I laid on his chest. "God, I was the spare. I wasn't supposed to be King." Harry said as he started crying. "Hey, it's alright. Hey how about tomorrow we get the family together and we talk, we talk about what we're feeling and how we feel about what's coming next." I said.