Chapter 27

-6 months later-
Grace pov
I was stressing, it was the day before the wedding and Kate was still pregnant. "Grace calm down and have some faith," Kate said grabbing my elbows. "Just put this entire thing in God's hands and he will play things out the way he wants too." She said. I put a hand on her swollen stomach. "So calm down," she said, she sounded like me when I was calming down one of the girls from the Home. I'd invited them to the wedding. "Alright, just play it cool. And let it be. You will be alright. The wedding will be alright, everything will be alright." I said. "Good." she said holding my face. "Thank you Kate," I said doing my best to hug her. A knock came at the door. "Yes," Kate called. Will poked his head in. "Grace you Granddad just arrived." He said. "wonderful," I perked up.

I left Will and Kate's room. And went downstairs. Harry and Granddad were talking. Granddad was leaning on his cane, his nurse, Margret standing next to him. He was 85, and his bones were frail, he looked more like 90 than 85.

"Granddad." I said. I ran down the stairs to him. "Gracie, did you get bigger?" He asked. I laughed, "no Grandad, I'm still the same as I was when I saw you last." I said hugging him. "Well I think you look bigger." He said. "Thank you for coming," Harry said. "Thank you, for letting me come." He said. I spent some times with grandad before I had to go get ready for an auction I had organized.

I went up to Harry and my room, I took the cream dress that went to my ankles.   It had a sweetheart neckline and wasn't major on details except on the bust, she had been pulled into one point, causing wrinkles. I pinned my hair back. Harry zipped the dress up and I gasped, "what's wrong?" He asked. "It's tight, but not too badly." I said. I put my shoes on And did my makeup.

We met Kate and Will in the foyer, "Kate I told you you didn't have to come." I said. "Well I want to see you at your first organized event." She said. I smiled. "Thank you," I said. "Let's go." Harry said.

We all got into one car and road to the where the event was being hold. The press and spectators were outside with all of the guests I had invited. The door opened and Will got out, then Helped Kate out. The Harry who gave me a hand to get out. I got out and it finally hit me, This is what my life would be like after tomorrow. I smiled, I liked the buzz of the atmosphere.

We went over and went to answer some questions about the night.  We were heading in and I stepped In front of Will. The sound of a gunshot went off, sending the spectators into a frenzy, another one followed. It seemed like time was passing slowly. I looked down at my chest and saw red starting to stain my dress. I'd been shot. Screams and shouting sounded like I was in a tunnel. My legs gave out from under me and I fell.

Harry pov
Grace was hit with two bullets to the chest, two bullets ment for Will. Grace collapsed, Kate was freaking out. Will was already on the ground. I ran over and got down on the ground opposite of Will. " Kate get inside, I don't want you here." Will yelled. "But-" she studded. "This no place for a pregnant woman. Get inside," Will yelled. Kate follows his orders. A circle of bodyguards had formed around Will and I. "Get a first aid kit and get blankets or towels, and make a barrier, let no Press see what's going on." Will yelled, it snapped me back into reality and I remembered my military training for these situations. "Grace, Garcie. Stay with us." I told her as I lifted her eyelids. Her eyes were very dilated. Someone handed Will a first aid kit and A wall of blankets formed around us. Will and I both put gloves on. Will hands me scissors. I cut the middle of the dress, but kept her breast covered. He took gauss and handed my some. I put it over the bullet wound that had punctured her chest. "Harry," Grace Muttered. "I'm here, Gracie. Everything's going to be alright." I told her. " Harry... I was shot." She said. "Don't strain yourself, Grace." Will said. "Did.. Did Will get hit?" Grace asked. "No," I said as I took the plastic from gauss covering and placed it on the bullet home that was lower, covering three of the sides leaving the forth to let oxygen in and out of her chest. "Where is an ambulance?" I asked. "On its way, Your Highness." a body guard said. "I wished they'd hurry." I said. "Pulse check." Will said. "It's weak, she need help now, and we're not going to cut it." He said. " no dip, Sherlock." I said. "Gracie, I want you to keep talking to me." I said as I tested to see is she was still breathing. I didn't feel any air. "She's not breathing, starting CPR." I said. I tilted her mouth back and blew air into her mouth. The relieving sounds of sirens were close. I was about to start chest compressions when the EMTs arrived. They ran over with their supplies. "What's her state?" One asked. "Little to no breath, weak heart rate, still bleeding." I Said. They brought the gurney. Will and I got up off the ground and took our gloves off. One of the EMTs took the used gloves from us. I took my suit Jacket off and loosened my tie. They moved Grace to the ambulance. "Can I go?" I asked one. "Yes, sir." One EMT said. I got into the back, the EMTs were frantically working. "Harry," I heard Grace mutter.

We got to the hospital, and they took Grace in, I followed for as far as I could before I was stopped.