Chapter 8

Grace pov
The next day, I got up and went downstairs. No one was up yet. Except for the few security guards. "Morning Miss. Grace." One said. "Morning," I said. He had a copy of the BBC news. "Where'd you get that?" I asked as I made myself something quick too eat. "It's yesterday's post." He said. "Anything interesting?" I asked. "Same old, same old." He said. I finished my meal and put the dish in the sink. "If anyone asks where I am, tell them I'm on a run." I said. "Will do, Miss." The man said.

I left and ran down the driveway then down to the end of the road. It was five meters there and back. I walked back up the path. Liv came out when I walked out on the porch. "How was your run?" She asked. "Good, I did five meters." I said. "good for you, come on. We're having breakfast." Liv said.

We went in and I went upstairs and hopped in the shower. I put my PJs back on and went back downstairs. I got a bowl of cereal and joined the rest of Liv's family in the living room. The body guards were in the kitchen. Watching us. "why are you watching us?" I yelled at them. "To make sure none of you will bring harm to his highness." One said. "Okay, you do you." Roger said. Harry came down the stairs in a nice button up. "Are you going somewhere?" Mark asked. "No he's ready for Breakfast." I said. Harry sat down next to me. "She's right. But seeing that you all are eating in the living room. I guess I can let it slide." Harry said. Harry took the bowl of cereal I had been eating and took a bite po it. I laughed and shook my head. "The day I finally see you eat a meal on the couch." I laughed. Harry put the bowl down.

A few hours later, we went down to the pond that was out back. Liv and Collins had suggested we go fishing.

It was going well, no one had caught anything. I brought the line back in and cast it out again. I took another step, but I went off the dock. I grabbed the nearest thing, it was Harry. It didn't help. We both went in. I came up laughing. Harry was too. The two body guards had ran to the end of the dock. "Are you alright your Highness?" One asked. "I'm fine." Harry said. We swam till we could touch and walked out. I put the fishing poles on the doc. "Well I think that's enough fishing." Collins said. We got out of the lake. "Now we smell like pound water." I said. "My grandmother would have my head if I came into dinner smelling like this." Harry said. I laughed.

We walked to the house. Harry had a sweater on when we'd fallen in. He'd taken his sweater off leaving his button up on. We walked up onto the porch. "Olivia and Collins Jole, don't you tell that you pushed out guests into the lake." Maureen said. "No I stepped off the dock on accident and I grabbed the closest thing to me which was Harry." I said. "That's alright, it's not a true visit till the guests fall into the lake. Olivia will go get some towels for them." She said. "Yes mother." Olivia said. I took a seat on the porch, "shit, shit." I said as I took my phone out of my pocket. Harry laughed and I laughed with him. Liv brought us towels. "Take your socks and shoes off. Then shower, separate showers." Liv pointed at me. "I would never." I said pretending to be offended. I laughed, I took my shoes before going in. Harry had nice shoes on. He poured the water out of his shoes.

I went in an grabbed Harry's phone. And pulled up Kate's contact. I called her not carrying what time it was.

"Hello?" Kate answered. "hey Kate," I said, "Grace what are you calling me on Harry's phone?" "Mine went into the lake with me when I fell in. I may have pulled Harry in too." I said. "What, you and Harry fell into a lake, how?" She asked. "I took one too many steps on the side of the dock. I fell, I tried to grab the nearest thing to me, it was Harry. And we both went in." I said. "was it deep?" "A bit, but we weren't that far from the shore." "Are you two alright." She asked. "We're fine, now I've gotta go shower. Because I have algae in my hair. Bye Kate." I said before hanging the phone up. Harry came in and I gave him my phone before running upstairs. "Grace," Harry yelled. "Can't talk gotta shower." I yelled. He ran after me but I was faster and got to a bathroom and closed the doors on him. "Why were you on my phone?" He yelled. "I called Kate." I said opening then closed the door.

•••
After I was cleaned and I to different cloths. I went down stairs. "Grace, I got a paper for you." Liv said as she and Maureen came in the door. "Thank you." I said taking it. I went to the living room and sat on the floor with my back facing the unlit fireplace. I spreader the paper out Into the different sections it came in. I took my time looking through each part. And of something caught my eye I'd read it. I was not one for electronically reading and I like traditional roots, my parents had read the paper that same way I did, except at a table, the dining room to be exact.

"Hey Jonathan, can I see the BBC you were reading earlier?" I asked after I was done with the local paper. "Sure," he said. I put the paper back together, leaving the sudoku close for me to find.

I did the same thing with that paper. I got frustrated when I saw the football scores (soccer). Liv was on her laptop. "Hey, it's Becca." She said. She answered the Skype call. But I kept reading. "Where's Grace," I heard Becca say. "Reading the BBC news." Liv said. I took the local paper and Rolled it up a bit. I went over to Liv and hit her with it. "Ow what was that for?" She asked. "Because," I said sitting next to her. "So how's life down south?" Liv asked. "Good, my entire family came down and they're all here. How's live in Macon?" Becca asked. "Great," I said. "How so?" Becca asked. Harry came down the stairs and threw his wet shirt at me. "What the Bloody hell, Harry." I yelled throwing it back. "Love you, Gracie." He yelled back. He ran back up the stairs. "Come back here, Henry." I yelled as I ran after him. "Come back," I yelled. He ran into Collins's room.
I ran in after him. He closed the door when I came in. He grabbed me and started tickling me. I freed myself and ran out and back down the stairs.

I climbed over Liv and tried to hide. "Once again why is Harry their?" Becca said. I got out from under the table. "Collins invited Harry for dinner, they meet in Afghanistan. Liv invited me, neither of us knowing Collins's war buddy 'H' was Harry." I said. Somehow Harry walked into the room from the front door. "How?" I asked. "I found a rope and I made a latter and climbed out Collins's window." Harry said. "Why?" I asked. "Because I can." He came over and sat next to me and kissed my cheek.