Chapter 18

Grace pov
"Grace, I know. You'd hate to do this but. I want you to hide the ring." Harry said on the ride to the Village. "I understand." I said. He gave me a ring box, "Hide it in this. Or just keep it in here when ever your not wearing it." Harry said. "Alright," I said kissing him. "Can I stay the night?" He whispered. "You may," I said. The car stopped right outside the building. Harry and I got out. We went up. I took the ring off in the lift and put in the box, I gave it back to Harry to put in his pocket.

We went to my flat. "She's back." Lisa yelled when I came in. "So how was your day?" She asked. "Amazing, it just kept getting better." I said. Harry laughed. "Well I've got my race tomorrow. So I'm just gonna go to bed." I said. I pulled Harry in before she could as any questions. I locked the door. "Alone," he whispered. I went to him and he picked me up. I rapped my legs around his waist As we kissed. He found the zipper of my dress. "Harry, wait," I said. "What?" He asked as he kissed my neck. "I can't I'm sorry just not tonight, not with my race tomorrow." I said. "I understand." He said. He put me down. "But you can still stay the night." I said. Harry smiled. I grabbed some pjs and changed. I kicked the heals off.

I got into bed and Harry join me. Harry put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed me again. "I love you," he said. "I love you too." I said.
•••
In the morning, Julie banged on the door. "Grace, get up. Coach wants to speak with you before your race." She yelled. I woke up and I was trapped in Harry's arms. I pried his arms off of me. "No," he moaned pulling me back I I the bed. "I've gotta go. Coach wants to talk to me." I said. "Fine," Harry said. I got up and put my robe on. And went out into the living room. "Morning Grave, how did you sleep?" She asked. "I sleep amazingly." I said as I went to the kitchen to make myself Breakfast. "So about your race today, it may seem you have a lot riding on this race, but in some ways yes, and some ways no. All I want you to do today is go out and have fun, I don't care if you place or not." She said. "Thanks coach." I said. Harry came out of the room in the cloths he'd worn last night. "Morning Harry." I said. "Morning Gracie," he came over and hugged me from behind and kissed my neck. "What? Why why is Prince Harry doing here?" Coach asked. "He's my boyfriend. And he spent the night." I said. "You must be the famous Coach Grace keeps talking about, it's wonderful to finally meet you." Harry said shaking hands with Coach. "It's nice to meet you your highness." She said. "Well it was wonderful to meet you all, but I must be going. I'll see you after the race, Gracie." He said kissing my cheek. I kissed his cheek. "Bye Harry." I said. Harry left. "Do I want to know?" Julie asked. "Nothing happened, I didn't let it." I said. "Well that's good." Coach said. "Oh Grace I put those roses you had last night in some water." Lisa said. Darwin came out in his room rapped in his blanket. "Can you all be any louder?" He asked. His eyes were bloodshot. "Sorry, Darwin." I said. "Ugh," he said shuffling back into his room. "Im guessing a hangover?" I said. "Probably," Lisa said.
•••

I waited in the locker room, stretching again. I was listening to Elton John like I did before and race. I got out and shook my muscles out. I was running the 100 m today. In three days I had the 200 m. But I was focusing on today's race set ahead of me. Coach came in and wished me luck.

A volunteer lead me out to the starting block. I took my track suit off and put it into the bin. I turn my music off and rapped my head phones up and put them in. I took my hat off and threw it in. I stood in front of the starting block shaking my muscles out again. "Take your mark," was said in French. I set my feet on the block and took my position. "Set," the announcer said. The buzzer went off and I bolted into a sprint. I didn't look to me left or right just strait. I had a consistent breathing pattern, I kept focus on the 100 m line. I pushed myself and made it across. I went a bit further before laying down. A Jamaican runner laid down in the lane next to me. "Good race," she panted. Holding her hand out to me. "Good race." I said. "And the winner of the 100 m dash is Britain's own Grace Miller." The announcer said. I started cry tears of Joy. I got up, coach handed me a Union Jack. I rapped it around me then held it up. "Yes," I said. I scanned the audience for Harry. "Grace," I heard. I looked to the source of the caller. I saw Harry, Kate and Will in the stands. I managed to wave to them. Coach gave me a bottle of water and took the flag from be before I used it as a towel, who's she also gave me. I got my stuff back from the tub and I put my track suit back on.

Me, the Jamaican runner and another runner were taken to the award ceremony, where we were going to be given the metals. I was still a sobbing a bit. Coach made me dry my eyes. I went and stood on the middle platform. I was still shaky. "Presenting his Royal highness, Prince Harry." A man said. I laughed along with the mix of tears that I was still crying. Harry put the metals on the other runners, saying soft congratulations to them. He came to me and let out a sigh. "Would it be inappropriate for me to hug you?" I asked. "Not at all," he said. I hugged him. I let go and whipped more tears away. "I'm so proud of you," he said as he put the metal around my neck. "Thank you." I said. He left and I was off to interviews.

"Lady Grace, were you expecting Prince Harry to be presenting the metals?" A reporter asked. "No, I was just as shocked." I said. "I was surprised when he hugged you." Alicia, the Jamaican runner said. "Well I asked him if I could." I said. "What's your strategizes when running?" Another reported asked. "I don't pay attention to anyone else except how far the finish line is from me. It's like I have blinders on, I used to see where my completion is and it'd reduce my speed, just the act of turning my head ninety degrees would make me distracted." I said. A few more questions were asked before the press conference was concluded.

__________________________
A/n: Her Majesty's ring is above
-princess