Chapter 64

Grace pov
A month later

Harry helped me out of the car. Then got Faith and David out. We were stateside, and publicly visiting Athens. It was exactly how I'd left it. We met with my old professors, and I gave a speech.

We went to the track where the track and field team were waiting for us in their track suits. Coach was in a dress and heels, which surprised me. I'd never seen her professionally dressed, I think she only dressed up for our wedding and graduation. "Your highness," she curtsied, the other female sprinters also did. "You don't need to do that, you knew me before I
married." I said. "Permission to hug?" Coach asked. I smiled. "Permission granted." I said before she hugged me.

Later Harry and I were meeting up with Liv and Becca at a local bar. Harry and I both ordered a pint of beer. Everytime the door opened, I looked over expecting Liv and or Becca to come in.

Harry had finished his first beer, and was on his second. I was halfway through my first. Harry light a cigarette and the bar tender gave him an ash tray. "I thought you stopped?" I said as I rested my casted arm on the counter. "I'll smoke every once in a while. Usually late at night outside in the park." He said. "And I thought you quite." I said.

Two hands started tickling me causing me to nearly fall off the bar stool. Harry caught me. I turned around and Becca was laughing. "God I hate you." I said as I hugged her. "It's so good to see you in person." She said. "You two." I said. "This is Jack." She said motioning to the bleach blonde, with pale skin and striking blue eyes. "Nice to finally meet you." I said as I shook his hand. Then Harry shook his hand. Harry put the cigarette out. The two sat down on the bar.

Then Liv came in, with a ginger following her. He wrapped his arms around her neck. "Grace! Becca!" She squealed and excepted his grasp. She came over and hugged us. "Hey how are you?" I asked. "Amazing, how about you?" She asked. "Amazing." I said. Becca said the same thing. "This is my husband, Henry Kiles." She said. "Good to see you again man." Harry said as he shook Henry's hand. "Wait what how do you know each other?" I asked. "Same way I know Collins, we were stationed at the same base." Harry said. "And when did you get married?" I asked. "While you were in our coma." Harry said. "Wait what?" I asked. "I received the invitations a few weeks after your accident. I rsvped and said we couldn't go." Harry said. "I'm sorry, you must send me photos." I told Liv. "It wasn't as elegant as yours." Liv said. "I wouldn't have cared, you would have been just as beautiful." I said. Becca scoffed. "If we're trying to out do each other's weddings. We might as well give up now. Because the world didn't watch our wedding." Liv said. "She's got a point. I actually don't remember a lot of it." I admitted. "Well you were on pain meds." Harry said as he rubbed my shoulders. "Ya being shot wasn't fun." I said. "It never is," Henry said as he rubbed his thigh. "So what happened to you wrist and leg?" Henry asked changing the subject. "He doesn't read tabloids," Liv said. "Ah, smart man. Well I was in a motorbike accident. I was going through an intersection and was hit by a driver trying to run the light." I said. "We got t-boned a few weeks ago." Becca said. "People can be so careless." I said. "Exactly," Jack said. "So where are the little ones? I want to see them." Liv said. "Um their back at the hotel with a nanny." I said. Harry looked at his phone. His smile faded. "We've gotta go." He said as he got up. I looked at my phone. I had a tabloids update, it read: "Death of Prince Phillip." Harry helped me up. "I'm so sorry, girls something big just came up. We have to go back to England. But we will do this again." I said as I hugged Liv and Becca. Harry handed me my crutches. "It was so nice to meet you two." I said to the guys. Harry paid our tab and we left.

•••

I sat in the pew David sitting in my lap, and Faith next to me. Harry was baring an emotionless face like a lot of other family members were. I kept my face down so I could wipe tears away as I needed too. Harry, Will and a few other men carried the casket out of the church and to the hurst.

The family walked behind the hurst. I kept up the best I could on crutches. I quickly grabbed Harry's hand and gave a squeeze.

We arrived at the spot of burial and the casket was lowered. Since the press and paps were no where in sight I put my good hand on Her Majesty's shoulder. She had a stone cold emotionless face. I gave her a timid smile when she looked at me.

The country was in mourning from their on for the next two months.

____________________
A/n: sorry I haven't posted in a while.