Chapter 11

Two hours later, a car came for Kate and I. Pippa took another car back to where she was staying.

Kate and I were finishing up our makeup and I messed with my hair once one. A knock came at the door. "Can we come in?" Harry yelled. "Yes, we're almost ready." I yelled. I looked in the mirror once more. I was wearing a coral colored halter dress. Kate and Pippa had also brought over shoes too. I found the floral heals to wear with the dress. I was surprised she'd found my shoe size. Since I was a professional competitive runner, I had bigger feet than a non sprinter.  "Come on Kate." I said. I went into the living room. "Don't you look stunning." Harry said. He got up and kissed me. "So who's all going to be attending?" I asked. "I told you earlier, royal families and world leaders." Harry said. "Oh, right I forgot. I'm sorry I'm jet lagged." I said. "It happens to the best of us." Harry said. Kate came out and Will took her arm. "Are we ready?" He asked. "I think so." Harry said.

We left and went to Buckingham palace. Where the party would being held. We went in and I found myself standing up straiter.

We went to the ballroom, and music was playing softly in the background, but talking was mainly going on. "Don't be afraid to mingle." Harry said. "I won't." I said softly to him. We walked around and talked to a few people before Harry went off to talk to some other people. I sat a table and texted
Becca and Liv. Harry came over with two couples. I recognized both couples. One the United States President and his wife. And the Prince and Princess of   Sweden. I got up and I curtsied to them. "Grace, this is President Obama and his wife Michelle. And Princess Victoria and her husband, Daniel." Harry said. "Nice to meet you." I said as I shook their hands. "Harry told us, that your going to school in the US. Where?" Prez. Obama said. "University of Georgia." I said. "She's one of their track stars." Harry said. "Is that so?" Princess Victoria said. "I've been in strict training, preparing for the Olympics next year. The trials will start at the end of the year." I said. "Oh ya, I saw something In The paper a few weeks ago, it was the results of that race that was in DC." Ms. Michelle said. "Yes, I was there." I said. "Really, so we're we." She said. "Really? That's great." I said. "That's right, you were the one who had something written on her hand." Mr. President said. "Ya, I write. 'Finish strong, place doesn't matter, the experience is all that counts." I said as I rubbed where I usually write it. "Isn't running like Swimming, like no jewelry, or something?" Prince Daniel said. "Ya, I find that Jewelry is annoying to run with. It's not in the rules but I find it better to run with." I said. My mouth was getting dry. I looked around for a waiter with the Champaign. I saw an old friend from work. With a tray. "Jackson," I waved him over. He held out his tray, and we all took one. "One moment." I said.

I went off after Jackson. "Hey, Jackson. How are you?" I asked. "You're not supposed to talk to me. It's considered unprofessional. I don't wanna get I trouble." "I'm sorry, but really how have you been?" I asked. "I've been good." He said then walked away. I went back to Harry. "Did you know him?" Harry asked about Jackson. "Ya, I knew him from when I worked here." I said. "You worked her?" Princess Victoria asked. "I did, I was a runner for the Queen." I said. "How did you get a job here?" She asked again. "My parents worked here till they died." I said, holding back the feeling of tears. "Really?" The princess said intrigued.  "Yes," "so, Harry your dating a girl who should be serving you." She laughed. I stood my ground. "Yes, and in fact I will be helping Chef Adams tomorrow in the kitchen. Since the wedding will have so many people attending. He needs every hand available." I said. The princess kept laughing. "Really?" She said. "Aren't you suppose to be a figurehead, that is supposed to support charities?" I asked. "It's different in Sweden." she said. "Rubbish," I said. Harry put a hand on. My shoulder. "Oh, look at the time, come on Victoria. We must be going." Prince Daniel said. He apologized for Victoria's actions then they went away. (A/n: I'm sorry if I offend anyone, Princess Victoria would never do that, I just thought, if some drama from another Royal family, would be interesting.) "The nerve of some people." I said crossing my arms. "So do you volunteer a lot?" Ms. Obama said. "Yes, I do. Well when I'm not studying or running, I do. I love it, I'm studying to be a social worker." I said. "really, that's an intresting career why?" Mr. Obama said. "Well, I know what it's like to be at the near bottom of the pack. So I wanna help those who have less than I do. I've been dying to go to the organization. Harry started in Africa." I said.

We talked a while longer till her majesty came over to us. "I'm sorry but if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to borrow Grace." She said. "Not at all Grandmother." Harry said. I followed the Queen out. I followed her to her office. "If you aren't busy I could use my favorite Runner." She said. "What times, I was going to help out in the kitchen tomorrow." "The come up at nine, that will give you time to help." She said. "thank you." I said, curtsying to her. "Now go back to the party." I smiled and left her.