Chapter 15

Grace pov
July 26 2012, the day of the opening ceremony. I'd made it, I was an Olympian.

The rest of the British Olympians were waiting underground. I was texting Harry.

H:excited?
G: excited and nervous
H: you'll do fine.
G: I hope so, I feel so anti social. I have all these fellow athletes around me yet I'm choosing you to talk to.
H: well, then do what you think you should do.
G: I don't wanna look self centered, I'm going to chat
H: good choice
G: thanks, gtg

I turned my phone off. "Hey, I'm Grace. what event are you competing in?" I went over to a group of girls. "I'm Shelby, this is Martha, Margret, and Kathryn. And we're part of the row in team. What about you?" Shelby asked. "I'm a sprinter, so Track and Field." I shrugged. "I think I've seen you before." Martha said. "Possibly, where are you from?" I asked. "York, we're all from York." She said. "I don't believe I've been their. I live here in London." I said. "Really, you must have seen them building the Olympic village." Kathryn said. "Not really, I've been studying abroad for the last two years. I've been back to London a few times but not longer than a week or two." I said. "Where have you been studying?" Margret asked. "Athens, Georgia." I said. There was a screen behind them depicting what was going on above ground.

We started moving and eventually we came up onto the floor. I scanned the top of the stadium for Harry. I saw the Queen and Prince Charles but I couldn't pinpoint Harry. I pulled out my phone. "Where are you, I can't find you." I texted. "Near my grandmother." I looked around the Queen and I found Harry. I waved to him. And he gave a smile and a small wave back. I waved a bit to the audience. We went to where we were to sitting and watched the rest of the opening ceremony.

After the ceremony was over, we went back to our rooms in the Olympic village, which was press free. I went into my room, that I was sharing with Great Britain Olympians, who were all on the track and field team. "That was so cool." Christine said. "It was, I'll never forget that." I said. Lisa and Julie, two other runners came in. "Wasn't that so cool," Lisa said. "How did I get stuck with them?" Darwin asked himself as he grabbed something from the fridge. "Well I'm going to bed," I said as I yawned and headed towards my room. "No Gracie come partying with us." Lisa said. "I don't wanna, I was up early this morning talking with some friends. So I'm going to sleep." I said. I got ready for bed and climbed into bed.

The next morning I went for a light jog around the Village. I went to the cafeteria and got some breakfast. It was where all the teams ate. "Grace," I heard someone yell in a southern accent. I turned and saw Chelsea, from the UGA team. She ran over to me and hugged me. "Hey how have you been?" I asked. "Marvelous." She said. "Come sit with me." She said pulling on my arm. "Let me grab breakfast then I'll join you." I said. She let go of me and I got some thing to eat. I went back and sat with Chelsea, she was sitting with other Americans. "Who's she?" One of the girls asked. "We go to school together." Chelsea said. "Hi I'm Grace," I said sitting down across from Chelsea. "So you live in England?" One of the guys asked. "Yes, I'm born and raised here, but recently I've been living in the US for school." I said. "Athens, she's a bulldog." Chelsea said. "Gracie," Lisa squealed. I saw her and waved her over. " do you mind if my friend come and sits with us?" I asked. "No not at all, more the merrier." Chelsea said.

We kept talking for a while, when the cafeteria fell silent. The click of dress shoes, was all to be heard along with whispers. I turned to see what was going on, Harry had came in. I shook my head and got up. I threw my trash away and went to him. "You just love to embarrass me don't you." I said to him. "I guess you could say that." He said taking me hand and we left. "So what brings you to the Olympic village?" I asked. "Well you," he said. I rested my head on his shoulder, "so what are you doing today?" Harry asked. "In an hour the track team and I are going to go train, so until we have to leave, you have me." I said. "An no press in sights." He kissed my forehead. "Perfect, there should be no one in my flat, so we could go Have fun in there." I said. "Lead the way, my dear." I laughed. I took Harry's arm and we went to my room.

"So how many are staying in here?" Harry asked. "Five including me." I said. "So is it crowded?" Harry asked. "Not really," I said. Harry nodded. We were on the couch. I leaned me head against his chest. "I've missed you." I said. "I've missed you too." Harry said. I looked up and him. He pulled my head towards him and he kissed me. I kissed back. I put my arms around him, and ran my fingers through his hair. He kept pulling me closer. "I...Love....you." Harry said as we kissed. I pulled at the buttons of his polo, "I love you too," I whispered before going back to kissing. "Hey Grace... Omg." Harry and I stopped. I looked to see Christine and Darwin were back. "Okay, I'm going to get ready and pretend that didn't happen." He said,walking to his room. "Coach wants us downstairs in Ten minutes." Christine said. "Alright," I said getting up. Harry got up. "Later?" He whispered. "We'll see how I feel." I said. "Hey, can you pick up some produce for me," I asked. "Sure, what do you need?" He asked. I found a notepad and write down the ingredients for Potato soup. "So I'll bring it around later." He said. "Thank you, Alright Bye, Harry." I kissed him. "Bye, Gracie." He said then left. "What was that?" Christine asked. "What can I not make out with the Prince of Wales?" I asked. "No," she said. "yes, I can. He's my boyfriend." I said. I went to my room and got my running uniform on and put my track suit on over it. I grabbed my waterbottle and took it to the kitchen and filled it up.

The team go into the bus, "naughty Gracie." Christine said. "What, what'd she do now?" Lisa asked. "She was making out with Prince Harry." The bus went silent. It seemed like they everyone was starring at me. "What, he's my boyfriend." I said. Grabbing a seat. Whispers went through out the bus. "Hey, Grace is making potato soup tonight, come by our flat to get some." Darwin said. A guy in front of my looked over the seat. "What will be in this soup?" He asked. He as a distinct Irish accent. "The usually. Potatoes, milk, cream, and Bacon." The guy's mouth dropped open. "Bacon? You put bacon into your potato soup?" he Asked. "Ya, I cook it till it not to crunch yet not to chewy. And it ads a really good flavoring to it." I said. "I must have some." He looks serious. "Come by the room and I'll get you a bowl." I said. "I will be their." He said.