Chapter 75

Grace pov

Harry was having having a video call about the anniversary of his mother's death. "Harry, could you keep it down?" I asked as I sat up. Gemma was being exceedingly active tonight. "Wait, Harry your still at Kensington, right?" Will asked on the video call. "Yes, and sorry Grace." Harry said. I threw his pillow at him. "Harry come to my room, and let Grace rest." Will said. "Thank you William." I said. As Harry closed his laptop, and gave me his pillow I'd thrown at him And left.

•••

I woke up to Harry kissing me awake. "What?" I spat . "We've gotta go." He said as he gave me another kiss. "Go where?" I asked as I put my pillow back over my head. "to St. Mary's your having your C-Section this morning." Harry said. "Can't we do that tomorrow?" I asked. "No Grace, your already over due." Harry said. Harry helped me up and I got dressed.

He drove to St. Mary's. The streets were empty this early in the morning.

Harry parked, and got out to help me out. We went in and I was taken back instantly.

"You nervous?" Harry asked. "A bit. I'm worried about Gemma and Abigail. I don't want them to be hurt." I said as I rubbed my stomach. Harry put his hand On top of mine. "They'll be fine. You'll be fine." Harry said. I winced as I felt Gemma kick me hard. "I think she may know what's going on." Harry said.

They took me back, Harry got to stay with me. The put a curtain up to block us from seeing what they were doing. The had the arm that had my IV in it extended out. Harry sat behind me, holding my hand.

After a while of them working, I heard a baby cry. Harry stood up and looked over the curtain. "Let my husband cut the umbilical cord." I said as I squeezed Harry's hand. He let go and follows the doctor's instructions.

He came back, We both were looking over to the nurse who had Gemma. I felt pain shoot through my body, I screamed. "Gracie," everything started getting fuzzy. "Harry, what's happening?" I managed to say. My tongue felt like it weighted like a brick. The nurses and doctors were doing what they could to stop the pain. Then darkness. 

Harry pov
I had to back away as the doctors and nurses tried to help Gracie. Her eyes rolled back Into her head. My eyes went strait to the heart monitor, she'd fainted or they had knocked her out. "Is she alright?" I asked. "She's fine now," a nurse said. I heard a different cry come from Grace.

The two surgeons, who were preforming the C-Section, had gone back to work. I looked over confused. One of the surgeons held a tiny baby, much smaller than Gemma. "Abigail," I whispered. "How?" I asked. "What do you mean your highness?" "Grace had a riding accident a few months ago, we were told one of the twins was dead." I said.

I sat in a room with Grace, I sat next to her. I got up, I wanted to see my daughters.

I walked down the hallway. And came to a glass window. I only saw Gemma. A nurse came out. "Can I help Your Highness?" She asked. "My other daughter, where is she?" I asked. "I'm she's in the NICU. I can show you the way." She offered. "Lead the way." I said.

I followed the nurse. She lead me to a room. "Your daughter wasn't fully developed. So we're treating her as if she's a premature. She's in an incubator. You can go in and see." She said. I went in.

Abigail was laying in an incubator. She had wires and tubes in her. I felt a pang in my heart, seeing my baby like that. There was a stool in the small room.

I pulled it over and sat on it. I put my hand in the opening of the incubator. "Hey Abigail, it's Daddy. Mummy's gonna want to see you. I'll bring her by later. She's going to be so excited that your here with us. You've got three older siblings. As you know Gemma your twin which you've been sharing a womb with for the last nine months. Then theirs David, your older brother, and Faith, the oldest of the four of you. She's a great big sister." I said. My fingered lightly touched her head. She seemed fragile and I didn't want to hurt her. "I've got to go check on Mummy. I don't want to leave her alone for too long." I said. I kissed my fingers and put them on her head.