Chapter 22

Grace pov
I'd completed the semester and had my masters in Social Work. I was graduating today. Harry, Will and Kate were coming to the graduation.

I was getting ready in my room. "Liv, can you come zip my dress?" I yelled. "Sure," she yelled. I was fixing my hair when the door opened. I pulled my hair to the side so she could zip my dress up. She did,"Thank you," "your welcome." A gruff voice said. I turned around. "Harry," I squealed as I hugged him. "When did you get here?" I asked. "Kate, Will and I just arrived." He said. "What, they're here too?" I asked running into the kitchen. Will and Kate were sitting in the living room talking with Liv and Becca. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "They came for the graduation." Harry said. Kate and Will got up and hugged me. "It's so good to see you all." I said. "Grace you have thirty minutes before you have to before your supposed to be at the auditorium." Liv said. "Ya, I've gonna finish getting ready." I said running back to my room. Most of my stuff was in boxes since I was leaving soon.

I finished with my hair and did my makeup. I put my mother's cross on and my engagement ring. I put my heels on, that Becca pressured me into wearing. I fixed my hair once more before leaving. "Don't you look stunning?" Harry said. "Oh, stop it." I said. "We have to get a photo." Liv said. "A quick one, it won't be good if I'm late." I said. Becca grabbed her Polaroid camera, "go on, get around Grace." She said. Setting the timer on the camera. She started the timer. "Hurry Becca." I said. She got into place right as the camera went off. The photo printed and Becca grabbed it and waved it so it could develop.

•••
I looked around trying to find my friends or just a familiar face. "Grace Miller," I got up and walked up to the stage. "Grace has mastered in social work and was one of the eleven athletes we sent to the trials, and one of the five that made it to the Olympics. Where she won two metals," the professor said. I shook hands with the professors, I got to my human psychology professor.  I shook her hand and she gave me my diploma. "You did it Grace," she said. She hugged me and I walked off.

Once all the GRADS had received their diplomas, we moved the tassels over to the other side of my cap. "Congratulations graduates," one of the professors said. We all cheered.

I found my friends, Harry engulfed me in a hug and spun me. "I'm so proud of you." He said as I squealed. He put me down, "thank you," I said. "Congrats, Grace." Kate said hugging me. I noticed she looked a bit pale. "Are you alright, You look Pale?" I asked. She and Will exchanged a glance. "I'm fine," she said. "Alright," I said. Becca and Liv hugged me. And told me how proud they were of me.

We went back to the flat for a celebration. "So, when we get back the world will know." Harry said referring to our engagement. "Finally," I said, he kissed me. A knock came at the door and Liv went to answer it. "Grace, it's your boss." Liv said. I got up, Ruth and a few of the girls were at the door. "Then let them in," I said getting up. I went over and hugged Zoë first. Then the rest of the girls who Ruth brought. Most of the girls who were in the house when I Started had recovered, But Zoë, she hadn't. I was one of the few she'd let in. "What are you all doing here?" I asked. "Zoë wanted to come visit. And celebrate with you. I hope that's not a problem." Ruth said. "No not at all." I said. "I'm gonna miss all of you." I said. As I hugged them all again. "We're gonna miss you too." Zoë said and she was smiling, one of the few times she did. When she smiled it seemed to lighten the room's mood. I hugged her again.

They stayed a while, but eventually had to go. I hugged Zoë for a good two minutes before they left. Will, Harry and Kate also left for the night, but they would come bye in the morning to help me bring my stuff down.

"I can't believe, this is our last night together," Becca said as we all sat on the couch. "Do you really have to go?" Liv asked. "Ya, England's my home. It's where my family is and my roots." I said. "Well what about us, and the girls on the track team and the girls at the girls home. Do they not mean anything to you?" Liv asked. "They do, you all are special to me. And it's not like I'm dying. I'll just be across the pond." I said. "But the pond is too big." Becca said. "I'll keep in touch, I'll call you two when I can. And you two will be coming to the wedding this summer." I said. "You've set a date?" Liv asked. "Ya, around The end of July. Like around the twentieth." I said. "We'll I don't care what I have to do, I'm being their." Becca said hugging me. Liv got up and pour some wine into glasses. "Come on, we need to toast." She said handing us a class. "To our friendship, long may it reign." Liv said. "Here, here." I said, Becca copied me. We all took a sip. "I'm going to miss all of you." I said. "And were going to miss you." Becca said.