Chapter 24

Grace pov
I rolled over and snuggled up against Harry, he rapped his arms around me. "Harry, GET UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!" FATHER CHRISTMAS CAME," A voice yelled. "Who was that?" I asked. "One of my cousins, my guess Louise." Harry said. "What time it is?" I asked opening my eyes. I rolled onto my stomach and rested my Chin on his chest. "It's six o'clock in the morning." I moaned laying back down. "Do we have to get up?" I asked. "Sadly yes," Harry said. "Harry get up," Will yelled. "Ya, ya, ya we're up." Harry yelled. "Now here's a question, do we have to get dressed?" I asked. "Those who've yet to have children do, although every blue moon, grandmother and grandfather will wear their robes." Harry said. "I haven't had a Christmas with a family in years," I said sitting up. I zipped up my UGA onesie. And got up, put my sneakers on. Harry got up. "Merry Christmas," Harry said. "Merry Christmas." Harry said. "Merry Christmas," I said. Harry threw me a robe, and I put it on. Harry put shoes on, I grabbed my phone and put into my pocket.

I followed him to where ever Christmas morning was being held. "This is where you have Christmas, I thought all the presents were fake and we're just for decoration." I said. "Before Christmas Eve they're fake. But we trade them out." Harry said. "Alright," I said partially confused. We went to one of the ballrooms. The only ones that were in there were Kate, Will, and their two younger cousins, Louise and James. "Harry, look Father Christmas came." James exclaimed pointing at the presents. "I see," Harry said. Kate and Will had gone back to sleep on one of the couches. It was a bit cold in the ballroom. Harry and I sat together on a love seat. After a while, the rest of the family joined us.

"Alright, Grace your turn open one of your presents." Eugenie said. I grabbed one from my pile on the floor. It was pretty heavy. "Careful with it," Harry said. I ripped the paper off, and found the box set for all the Beatles Vinyls in perfect condition. "Harry where did you get this?" I asked excited. "It took me forever to find it." Harry said. I kissed him. "Thank you." I said as our foreheads were pressed against each other's. "I knew you'd love it." He said. I put the records on the floor. "Alright, open yours," I said. Harry grabbed the one I wanted him to open. He took out the leather jacket. "This is awesome, Grace." Harry said hugging me. "Did you see the patches?" I asked. I showed him the patches I'd sewed onto the sleeves. "The royal family crest," Harry laughed. He pulled my head closer and kissed the side of my head. "I'm glad you love it." I said. "Thank you." "Where did you get it?" Harry asked. "I bought the jacket, then bought the crests, crest, crests. I don't know which is right. But I sewed them on." I said. "Hey I barely passed grammar." Harry said. "Didn't you throw your grammar book out a window?" Will asked. "I did, then I walked out." Harry said proudly. "What did I do wrong in raising you?" Prince Charles asked. "You had an affair while married to my mother, that ended with her harming herself and your divorce. Then Will and I barely saw her after that." Harry said with a strait face.

After all the presents were opened, we had breakfast, then went to go get ready for church. "Harry can you zip my dress?" I asked. Harry did, "thank you." I said. I put the matching jacket over it, the jacket was much longer than the dress. I tried to fix my stockings. "Twenty minutes," someone knocked on the door. I touched up my makeup, and put my shoes on. I pinned my hat into place. "Beautiful," Harry said. I laughed, "thank you," I said. I adjusted his tie. "Thank you," he said kissing my nose. I put my phone in my purse and we left.

My phone started ringing while we were walking. I stopped and dug my phone out. I saw it was Zoë. "Hey, Z, shouldn't you be sleeping. Father Christmas won't come if your awake." I said jokingly since it was 3 am her time. "Grace, I can't do it. I can't go on." Zoë was crying. "Zoë, what's going on. Tell me what's going through your head." I said, I stopped in the middle of the hallway. "I've been here six months, I've barely made any progress in getting better, and I don't think I ever will." She said. "Zoë, you have made a lot of progress, you made a lot of progress while I was their." I said. "But now your not." She cried. "Zoë, I want you to wake Ruth and tell her what's going on." I told her. "No she... She won't do anything to help me." Zoë said. "Zoë, there is so much you can live for. Your an amazing artist. You could go far. You will go far." I said trying to persuade her. "Grace are you alright, we need to go." Harry said. "Hush," I said to him, I went back to our door. "Grace, I know I won't get better, and why make someone suffer if they have no will to live. That's why animals are put down. And I'm an animal that needs to be at peace." She said. "Zoë, please, listen to me. Wake Ruth, she can help you." I told her. "It's time for a swan song." Zoë said. It sounded like I was on speaker. She put on, 'don't let the sun go down on me' "Zoë, don't you dare." I said. "Goodbye, Grace. I love you. I'll see you someday soon. I'll tell your fokes you send your love." She said in tears. So was I, Harry had followed me and was holding me. "Good bye Grace." She said again. The sound of her falling off a chair followed. "ZOË!" I yelled. But no one made a sound. I hung up the phone. I called Ruth. "Hello?" She answered. "Go to Zoë's room now, she's competed suicide." I said. "On my way." Ruth said. Followed by sounds of running. "She's locked herself in." Ruth said. "But the house doesn't have locks." I said. "Then she's blocked the door." Ruth said as she tried to open the door. I was still crying. Harry took my phone and hugged me. "What happened?" He asked pulling me into his lap. "Zoë gave up on life." I sobbed into his over coat. "Hey it's alright," he said. "No it's not, Zoë has competed suicide, she hung herself." I said. "Hey, it's going to be alright." He said. Handing me a box of Tissues. I wiped my eyes. "Grace, Grace are you still their?" Ruth yelled. I took my phone back. "Ya I'm here." I said. "I had Jamie call 911. Zoë doesn't have a pulse but another one of the girls and I are trading off with CPR." Ruth said. "Will...will you keep me updated? I have to go," I sobbed. "I will, Grace this looks bad, she was determined on killing herself, her wrist are also cut." Ruth said. "Text me, and keep me updated. I hate that I have to go. And as soon as I can, I'm coming to visit." I said wiping my eyes again. "Alright, Merry Christmas." Ruth said. "Merry Christmas, bye Ruth." I said. "Bye, Grace." she said. I hung up. "Are you sure you want to go to the service this morning?" Harry asked. "I need to show I'm strong." I said. "You don't have to go." Harry said. "I want to." I said as I fixed my makeup. We left the room again and went to the carport.

We pulled up at the church and we got out. The family had yet to get out of the cars. "We're all here." A body guard said into his ear piece. "Alright let's go." He said back. I saw Her Majesty and Prince Phillip get out. Then Prince Charles and Camilla. Will and Kate and then Harry and I. The rest of the family followed. Kate caught me. "Is everything alright?" She asked. I shook my head. "I'll explain later." I said. As I smiled. Harry squeezed my hand.

At the entrance of the church, a little girls were giving bouquets of flowers. Harry stopped and the little girl held a bouquet to me. "Thank you," I said smiling. We went into the service and the entire time, I found Zoë in my thoughts. I was praying for her the entire I was there.

_______________________
A/n: in memory for everyone who's commuted suicide.
-princess