Chaptef 66

Grace pov
I parked my bike outside and went up to the door. I took my helmet off and ran the bell. Julia, one of the little girls opened the door. "Hewo, Miss. Grace. Miss Kathryn is asleep." She said as I came in. "Landon can you come here?" I called. He ran down the steps, a cut right above his brow. "What happened?" I asked as I cupped his face. "Nothing." He said pushing my hands away. "Where's Kathryn?" I asked. "Probably in the kitchen passed out drunk." Landon said.

I stormed to the kitchen, and sure enough. Kathryn was asleep with a bottle of bourbon next to her. I pulled out my phone and called head quarters. "Hi yes this is Grace Miller I am at the residence of Kathryn King. I have found her passed out drunk. And the children unattended. One of the children had been injured. I am calling for the children's Immediate relocation." I said. "We'll have someone over right away." The woman on the other line said. "Thank you." I said. I then hung up. "Have you all eaten?" I asked. Noel, came downstairs and hid behind Landon. "Please don't separate us." Landon said as he put his hand on Noel. "I don't know if I can keep that promise too. But I'll do my best." I said. "I'm hungry." Julia said. "Wonderful because I brought you some dinner and dessert." I said.

They followed me into the kitchen, Kathryn stirred but didn't wake. I got a couple spoons and took out the containers I'd brought, nuked them. Then once they were cool. I let the children eat. They devoured both dishes. "If I'd know you all were hungry. I would have brought
More." I said. "Can you?" Julia asked. "Let me call and see." I said. I called Harry and he said Will would run the leftovers over, since he was leaving now.

Will arrived before any of the officials did. "So this is one of your houses?" Will asked. "Yes, hey Children do you want to meet Prince William?" I asked. They ran in. "This is Julia Longfoot, Landon Smith, and Noel House." I said. Will shook all their hands. "Hey do you have room for four more?" I asked looking out at the car. "I think we can." Will said. "Alright children, go pack the things." I said.

As the children packed I wrote Kathryn a note letting her know she was not suitable  to care for the children.

•••

I finally got a chance to sit down with Landon and tell him about his father. He didn't take it well. He yelled a wide range of insults. None that I hadn't heard before.

When I finally got around to getting home. It was past midnight. I parked my bike in the garage next to Harry's. I closed the garage and notice the faint glow of a cigarette on the back porch. I walked around to it. Harry was sitting on the back porch on his phone, letting the cigarette burn. "Hey, how were things?" He asked. As he got up. "Unexpected, very unexpected." I said. Harry put out the cigarette, his breath didn't even smell like he'd been smoking. He must have just lit it, when his phone distracted him.

Harry and I went in. "I saved you a lava cake." Harry said. We went into the kitchen and had it together. Harry feed me the last little bits. "You've got a bit of chocolate on your lip. Let me get it." He leaned across the table and kissed me, yet definitely hadn't smoked. We kissed for a while before we pulled apart. I got up and went and sat in Harry's lap.

We then started kissing again. Harry pulled my legs so they were around him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he got up, holding me up. I pulled away. "The children'll hear." I said as Harry kissed my neck. "Their asleep." He said. He carried me to our room.

I pulled off his shirt, and he unzipped my leather jacket. "Remember we've gotta be as quiet as we can." I whispered in his ear as he kissed my neck. "Faith has been asleep since you left. I gave her some cold medicine and she's been out ever since. And David can sleep soundly while a train goes by. One could go right through this house and he not wake up." Harry said. I smiled and went back to kissing him.