Chapter 7

Grace pov
Four weeks till the end of the first  semester.

But for this week, Liv and I were headed to her home for Thanksgiving. Of course I never grew up knowing anything about the holiday. I had no knowledge of the holiday. I had to convince Liv to ride on the back of my bike for two hours. I had a feeling she's be gripping very tight to me the entire way.

"Alright, girls. I will miss you all, but if I don't go now I won't get home." Becca said. We all hugger her again. "Be safe," she said as she climbed into her car. I opened the compartments on my bike. "do you really need all that stuff?" I asked. "Well I could take my car." She said. "Fine you lead, I'll follow." I said. "No, the road from here to Macon ain't no big city street. That you can swerve in and out to get where you're going." "Love, I've driven from London to Wales. That's 4 hours. I only stopped twice. I can do two hours on the autobahn or what ever you Americans call your version." I said. "It's the interstate. And I just don't want you to get hurt." Liv said. "Harry said that same thing before I drove to Wales to surprise him." I said. "Fine, just keep close. And when you need to you can get gas when you need it." Liv said. "Okay," I said. She took her stuff out of the compartments and I put my stuff in. I put my Union Jack helmet on and my black one in Liv's trunk. I missed my Union Jack helmet.
•••

When Liv said she lived in Macon, she ment she lived outside of Macon. Her driveway nothing but rocks. The bumpiest ride ever.

Liv pulled into the drive way and her family came out. She had two brothers and a sister. I pulled up next to her car, in the gravel. I took my helmet off. "Grace you can park your bike in the garage." Liv said. I moved my motorbike and took my helmet off. "'Ello," I said. The one moment my cockney accent kicks in is now, just wow. "Hello, I'm Mark, this is my wife, Maureen. You of corse know Olivia. This her younger brother Roger, and her older brother, Collins, and Little Angle." Mark said. "Nice to meet you all, I'm Grace." I said as I shook their hands. I took my bags out.

We went in and Collins's room was given to me to sleep in. "Hope it's alright for you, if you need anything. Just let us know." Miss. Maureen said. "I will," I said. I put my helmet on the desk. I looked around the room. Judging by the stuff around Collins's room, he must have been in the military. I picked up one of the photos on his desk. It was of Collins and men who were in Afghanistan with him. A knock came at the door. "Come in," I said. Liv came in. "I didn't know your brother was in the military." I said. "Ya, he did a tour this past summer, he just got back." She said. "Harry did a tour this past summer, I barely heard from him. He's doing another one in the spring." I said. "Do you know where he was stationed?" Liv asked. "No not really, since I was family. That information wasn't given to me." I said. "But didn't the press there reveal his location?" Liv asked. "Ya, he came home with wounded soldiers. He's still in touch with them." I said. "So is Collins."

We went back down stairs ad say I. The living room. "I hope you don't mine Grace, but Collins is having a war-buddy coming for thanksgiving too. So you'll be timing with Liv tomorrow." Ms. Maureen said. "No problem," I said. "Good," she said.

•••
The next day
I got up and went downstairs. Everyone was dressed very nice, like they were going to church, but it was Tuesday. "What's going on?" I asked. "Liv go get Grace something to wear." Ms. Maureen said. "Um okay," Liv took my back to her room and found a black dress that went to my knees and stilettos tall enough to break my ankles, if I fell. She gave me a necklace of pearls. And pearl earnings. She did my makeup. We went back down stairs and had breakfast. "Who's coming?" I asked. "You'll find out." Roger said. "Fine." I said. After we ate, Maureen paced by the door look down the drive.

Around ten my phone rang. "Hello," I said. "Gracie, I'm state side." Harry said. I got up and headed towards the door. "Really, east or west coast?" I asked. "central Georgia to be exact." "I have to come see you, why are you state side?" I asked as I went out on the front porch.

I looked up and saw two black vans driving up the driveway. They parked parallel to the house on the gravel drive. "One of my war buddies invited me to his house for thanksgiving." Harry said. I kept my eyes on the cars. Men in suits and black sunglasses got out. One opened the back door to the van. A familiar face stepped out. "Harry," I yelled with Joy. I ran off the porch and towards Harry. I made it half way there when I tripped on the gravel in my stupid shoes. Harry ran over to help me up. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Me, what are you doing here?" He asked. As he helped me keep my balance on the rocks. "Liv invited me for thanksgiving." I said. "Collins invited me." Harry said. Harry kissed me. "I've missed you so much." I said as I kissed him back. "Four weeks is a long time with out hearing or seeing you." Harry said. The rest of the family came out and were standing on the porch. I held onto Harry's shoulder as I took the stilettos off. I grabbed Harry's hand and we went to the porch.
They curtsied to Harry. "Collins good to see you again." Harry said. "Good to see you too H." Collins said. Collins introduced his family to Harry. "Hello," Angle said. Harry got down on his knees so he could talk to Angle. "Hello, Miss. Angle. How are you?" Harry asked. He was always good with kids, and kids always loved him. Then again he was just a big kid at heart. "I'm good, how are you?" She asked. "I'm well," Harry said. Harry stood up. We went inside.