Stung (part 2)

I could have gone many ways with this and I wasn't sure if I should end this happy or sad. So I just went with it.

*************************************

You longed for that smile. He was himself for just a split second when he gave you it. You knew he was still in their, you just had to help him find a way out.

He was getting worse. Now he just stay in one of the medjacks 'hospital' room, not ever wanting to come out. When he came out, it would be only for food. You would see the dark circles  under his eyes when he did. You saw how tired he was, if only he would just rest.

You thought about confronting him in the room for awhile but you weren't sure if it was a good idea. Nonetheless you decided to do it anyway. When you got to the entrance of his room you began to rethink about talking to him. But you needed this and so did he.

You went inside and saw him lying down with his hands covering his face. "Thomas" you whispered while stepping in the room more. You sat on the edge of the bed. He shuffled a little but didn't take his hands away from his face yet. "Thomas" you said louder. Suddenly he responded by sitting up and looking at you almost waiting for you to say something.

You were surprised a little at the sudden movement. "Yes y/n?" He said lifting his eyebrows. He does not look good at all. He got even worse, what did that sting do to him? You thought. He was still looking at you quite annoyed now. "I-I just wanted to come and see how you were doing." You lied. He looked at you bewildered, like he wasn't expecting that at all. "Ohh. Oh. Okay I'm fine y/n, just fine!" He said sarcastically.

He laid back down and covered his face with a pillow. "Could you just leave now? I'm tired and I don't want to talk to anyone." He said sounding muffled through the pillow. You stood up and decided to let it all out. "Look Thomas I'm sorry but no I can't leave. I came here to really say that you can't just sit here and pretend that everything's okay because it's not." You looked his way. "I'm not sitting." He countered.

You were beginning to lose your patience. "I still love you. I want the old Thomas back. Please just let me help you?" You tried but He stood up and went over to you, almost inches from your face. "Look at me y/n. You can't help me. No one can. I can't fix this, trust me I tried. There's no going back and I know you couldn't love me anymore. Not when I'm like this, so just leave." He said sternly.

You took a step forward and gave him a kiss. You couldn't help yourself. He kissed back but you could feel all the sorrow he felt during it. He pulled away but kept his hands on your shoulders, rubbing his thumbs in little circles on them. He looked at you sadly, "I miss you so much" he said "but you've already lost me y/n."

And he was right.

You've already lost him.