Masquerade (Sal x Reader)

Sal fixed his vest. "Why are we doing this?" He asked Joe.

"Bessy figured it would be fun." He said. Bessy smiled and nodded.

"But I don't even have a date." Sal said.

"Maybe you'll find someone there." Bessy said. Sal smiled and tied his mask on.

"But I'm not rich like you guys, I'm just a normal guy." He said.

"You look rich." Joe said. Sal sighed.

"But that isn't me." He said. Joe frowned at Sal.

"Well you're my guest so please enjoy yourself at this party." Joe mumbled.
***

You stood there watching everyone dance. No one here spotted your interest. Yeah people asked you to dance but they were boring. Snotty, rich, and annoying. You were suppose to belong here but, you just didn't.

"Aren't you enjoying yourself?" Your dad asked. You stared at your drink and shrugged. Your mom walked up and looked at you. She grabbed your drink.

"Go enjoy yourself. Please." She said. You sighed and walked off. You saw someone who looked familiar but weren't quite sure due to the mask.

"Bessy?" You asked. The familiar face looked at you. She nodded.

"(Y/N)?" She asked. You laughed and nodded. She smiled.

"Good to see you! Joe. Joe look who it is." She said. Joe turned around and smiled.

"Hello (Y/N). Good to see you." He said. You smiled.

"Good to see you too." You said. The musicians started to play. Bessy got a huge smiled on her face.

"Care to dance?" Joe asked her, offering her his hand. She nodded and took his hand. You smiled as they walked to the dance floor. You sighed and walked upstairs.

"I'm sick of that party." You mumbled to yourself. You felt a gust of wind hit you. You looked over to see the balcony door was open. A man was standing there, alone. "Not enjoying yourself?" You asked. He quickly turned around.

"Well....it's not bad but not really my thing." He said. You walked up to him.

"I agree." You said. He smiled. "My name is (Y/N). What's yours?" You asked.

"Sal." He said. You smiled. He heard the song.

"Um I'm not quite a good dancer but will you dance with me?" He asked.

"Sure." You said. He grabbed your hand and you both went downstairs. He placed his hand on your waist while you out yours on his shoulder. You grabbed his other hand and started to follow his lead.

"So, what family do you come from?" You asked. You've never met him or seen him. You would have, your dad knew everyone.

"Um Vulcano." He said. You tilted your head to the side.

"I've never heard of that family. Does your family own a business?" You asked. He looked down.

"Listen I'm not the guy you think I am." He said.

"What do you mean?" You asked. He separated from you.

"I'm not rich. I'm just wearing clothes from my friend Joe Gatto. I'm Bessy and Joe Gatto's guest. There's no possible way I could ever be invited to one of these parties. I don't belong with these people. You deserve someone better then me." Sal said. You stared at him. Then a smile slowly spread across your face. "What?" He asked.

"I've been waiting for a man like you. Most of these people are boring and snotty. But you're not Sal. Every man I've danced with only did it to get married for money or get to my father. But your never once asked about marriage or asked if I could talk to my father about you. You're everything I want in a man now stop being rude and finish this dance with me." You said. You both got back into a dancing stand and started dancing again.

"That's great that you said all that but I don't think your father would like me." Sal said. You shrugged. You reached up in tied his mask. He did the same to you. "Perfect." He said. You blushed.

"Handsome." You said. You kissed him, feeling happy to find your true love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I could really use some requests! Thank you for all the reads! I'm so happy that this book is going so well.