Trying to break free.

----- A few Days Later (Sunday) -----

"Hurry Michaela, your going to be late for work." I heard my mum yell as I put my dark red vest on over my black shirt.

"I'm coming." I grabbed my purse and rushed down the stairs to see my mum looking a little upset.

"Hurry, on your first day you should never be late."

"Mum, it's not really my first day. I've worked there before and he doesn't really care." She rolled her eyes at me but passed me my cup of tea.

"Well at least leave now, I don't want you to be anymore late." I have have her a hug and walked over to Faith.

"Be good for gran, and behave."

"I will, I promise." She smiled up at me from playing with her Harry and Louis doll.

"Well I'm off now." I walked out the door and headed for my car.

The drive wouldn't take more then five minutes but since I knew my mum was watching, I dove off.

Roger was putting some movies away when I walked in. He smiled at me before pointing to the back room where I had to sign in. I put my stuff away and signed in to see the employer list. It was only me and Roger that really worked here, which was funny.

"Michaela I need help out here." Roger yelled and I headed out.

"Yeah."

"I need you to put this box in the back for me." I looked over at the box but did what he said.

I grabbed the box and carefully carried it to the back room where we had shelves of old movies. The room was pretty dark and you could see the tower of the boxes. When I first worked here my job was to mark the movies and put them into the computer. I did it pretty fast so I would watch some old favorites or even watch the movies that just came out onto DVD. The box was labeled with titles from the early 2000 so it would be put closer to the door.

"When your done, you have return duty. And after your break you work the cash register." I smiled at him as I nodded my head.

I placed the box onto the self and headed towards the return room. Once I had open the door it looked pretty much the same since the lat time I worked here. Two shelve cases off to the side, the little worn down desk covered with a few papers, a small tv with a old DVD/VCR player sitting on top of it, a few old candy wrappers were scattered on the ground from me. The small window had a small stream of light flowing from it and the slide like thing had a few DVD on it. I looked over at the pile of movies on the shelves as I looked for one to watch.

My hands found and old time favorite of mine which happens to be Beatle Juice. I have no clue why I like it but for some reason I did. I placed the cd into the player and waited for it to come on. I sat there for like ten minutes and watched the telly since nothing came through the slide. Roger check in on me once to see how I was doing and he just laugh as he saw the tv. He knew that I would have done this since I did the same thing when I first started working here as a teen.

My phone started to beep in my back pocket and I got that strange feeling that it was Rick. My hand slowly grabbed the phone from my back pocket and looked at the screen to see that it was him.

Rick- Same job I see, everything must be predictable with you Michaela.

I replied back even though I shouldn't have. Me- Why do you have to stalk me. You have no right to watch everything I do.

Rick- It's not really stalking I would say. It's more like looking out for you.

Me- Well still, you don't need look after me. I can take care of myself and you need to get it into your stubborn head that I want you to leave me alone.