Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Fix a heart

"In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art." -Rumi

Harrys POV:

"Harry!" Blair squeals nervously, her legs and arms wrapping tighter around me as I pretend to almost drop her.

"Don't do that." She giggles again. I chuckle, squeezing her thighs which I hold to keep her on my back.

My heart thumps in my chest as I feel her soft lips press to the back of my neck, fluttering over my skin like the butterfly's that are erupting in my stomach. The feeling made me want to close my eyes, but she stops, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"It's this door." She tells me, unwinding her arm from my neck to point to a door to the right of me. The name plate reads off Peter Withers, releasing one of Blair's thighs to rest my hand onto the door knob.

I stop mid-action as I feel Blair slip off my back, landing onto her small feet. I raise my eyebrows to her as in a question of to why she jumped off.

"You don't want him to not like you right off the bat do you?" She asks me with a small laugh. I nod my head in understandment. Every father is protective over their little girl.

"No need to be scared." Blair giggles, grabbing onto my hand to pull me into the hospital room. Her footsteps were quiet as she walked into the room probably to see if he was asleep, so I did the same.

"Hey daddy?"

My lips quirk at the edges as she speaks the words, Blair giving me a small smile as she peeks up at me. Her fathers head turns to the side, his eyes exactly the same as Blair's.

"Hey sweetheart." He smiles, his eyes flashing over to me curiously, my hands becoming clammy as Blair tugs me closer to his bed.

"Who's this young man?" He questions.

Blair laughs softly, "This is Harry." She smiles at him.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Withers." I say, reaching out to shake his hand. When Blair and her father break out in laughter I cross my eyebrows in confusion, chuckling softly at their actions.

"What?" I laugh.

"My dad doesn't do handshakes, or the 'Mr.' thing." Blair giggles, pieces of her long, dark hair falling off her shoulder as she looks down to her dad again.

"Give me a hug son, and call me Peter." He chuckles. I instantly felt more comfortable around him, watching as he adjusts his bed so he's able to give me a proper, manly hug. It makes me wonder what Blair's mother would have been like.

Blair pulls up a chair and tells me to sit, and I was about to object because I didn't want her to stand. But she crawls onto the bed with her father, sitting cross legged at the end of his bed. As I sit down I try and quickly scan him to see if theres any major wounds on him or whatnot, and only see a few burn marks on his face and arms here and there. I'll have to ask Blair later what's so critical about his condition, at least that's what the nurses keep saying.

Nothing felt awkward between the three of us as we sat and talked. He asked me how I liked my singing career, and what brought me into it. I told him about Xfactor, and about the rest of my best friends that are also at the hospital. He was in the middle of telling me about one of his many boat trips in Florida when the door opens, Sadie walking in.

"Hey old man." She says cheerfully, pecking him on the cheek before pulling up another chair.

"Hi darlin', how are ya?" He asks her. I love how nice he is to everybody, no wonder Blair loves him so much.