Chapter 36

Fix a heart

Chapter 36

"He looks like an angel, sings like an angel. He found my breaking heart and coaxed it into a new rhythm." - Angela Morrison

Blair's POV:

I hadn't moved from the waiting room chair.

It's been three hours and seventeen minutes to be precise.

I know that because I've been staring at the worn out clock across the room from me, ignoring Sadie's reassuring words as she sits by my side; just like she's been doing for the past three hours and seventeen minutes.

Well, now eighteen.

"I don't want any water." I mumble to her, the water that was being held out to me disappearing from my sight and back down to her lap.

I let out an annoyed breath as I hear the woman across from us tap her foot on the floor over and over again. Maybe it's because she's nervous for someone, stop being so harsh Blair.

I finally let my eyes tear away from the dreadful hand of the clock that ticks away the time, only to be blocked by my eyelids as I rest my head back onto the uncomfortable cushioned chair.

The only thing I've heard about my parents is that they are in critical condition, both have major injuries, and that's all. But that was hours ago. Who know whats happened since then. Nothing else for the last three hours and now, twenty five minutes.

"Blair do you want me to get you something to eat from the cafeteria?" Sadie asks me.

I shake my head, letting out a sigh as she gets up anyways, saying I need some food in my system before walking out of the waiting room. The tears had stopped about an hour ago, and now my eyes just feel dry and empty. I was about to tell Sadie that I didn't want anything she had gotten me as I hear someone approach, but stop as I see a pair of white shoes on the brown tile in front of me.

"Are you the daughter to Mr. and Mrs. Withers?"

I look up to see the nurse that I had spoken to earlier, her face soft with sympathy. I hate feeling so weak and hopeless like this. I absaloutly hate it.

"Yes." I tell her, my voice scratchy.

I knew something was wrong as she sat down beside me in the seat Sadie had been in, my eyes falling closed for a brief second to try as consume myself.

"Your dad has woken up, and his legs are still majorly banged up, and theres a possibility that he may not be able to walk...But the good thing is that he's awake Hun." She tells me, her voice soothing.

Im glad she doesn't have one of those annoying voices, because I can't stand that. And I really wouldn't want to hear this news from someone with an annoying voice.

Relief washes through me at her words, knowing that my father has woken up.

But then, anxiety spurges through me as I realize she hasn't mentioned my mom.

"What about my mom." I say, finally looking up to meet her baby blue eyes.

Her mouth parts, letting out a breath as she searches for words.

"What about my mom." I say more demandingly.

"She didn't make it sweety, she-"

"No." I cut her off, the tears that I thought I couldn't even process anymore since I has shed so much beginning to stream down my cheeks.

"She okay... She's fine." I tell the nurse, more to myself than her.

"She's not gone."

I choke on my words, the shake of her head sending me into chaos, my forehead falling to rest on top of my knees, my body cringing away from the nurses touch as she rests her hand on my back.

I feel her hand retrieve from my body, the sound of her sneakers walking away from me symboling that she had left me to cope with the news.

"Blair?!"

Sadie's voice only made me cry harder. How many times has as seen me cry in the past three weeks? Like a million?

God, I'm so weak.

"She's gone." I sob, not pushing Sadie away as she wraps her arms around me from the side.

"Oh my god." I hear her whisper, even her own voice trembling.

******

They wouldn't let me see my dad for another hour, and during that hour I felt frozen.

My mom is gone. I won't ever see her dark blue eyes again. I won't ever hear her say my name again. I won't ever hear her weird laugh again. Nothing.

I don't even feel like myself anymore, the girl that used to force herself to be strong. I can't even control my tears right now.

Everything is like a wave right now. From the distance, it looks small. But as it approaches it gets bigger and bigger.....until it crashes.

First Harry, and now this? Whats next?

Harry....

My mind wasn't even able to mourn over him anymore as I hear my name being called.

"You can come back." The same nurse which had talked to me earlier says from the hallway. I nod my head, not even bothering to say anything to Sadie as I follow after the nurse.

"I'll be here when you come back." Sadie says softly.

My hands began to sweat as I listened to the echoes of our footsteps as we walked down the nearly empty hallway, the silence bugging me.

"This door right here. He may be sleeping from the medication but you can still go in." The nurse tells me, walking away right after.

I purse my lips as I rest my clammy hand onto the door handle, shivering as the door hinges creak as I slowly open it. I poke my head inside the dimly lit room first, the smell of antiseptic and rubbing alcohol filling my nostrils.

The slow and steady beep of his heart monitor made me feel numb inside as I slip all the way into the room, my footsteps making no noise whatsoever as I walk towards his bed. His dark blue eyes which resemble my own are hidden behind his closed eyelids, his brown hair which is a lot more lighter than mine damp with sweat which is glistening on his slightly wrinkled forehead.

I tried to drown out the sound of his heart monitor, knowing that if it stopped I would no longer have my dad with me. I flinch at the loud sound of the chair that I had pulled next to his bed screeching across the floor, my fathers sleeping state unphased by it.

Now all I can do is wait.

Harrys POV:

I laid in my tour bus bunk, ignoring all of the shouts and laughs seeping through my closed curtain. My phone is clutched in my hand, the bright light reading off Blair's number to me; the number that I know I shouldn't call. I lock it, tossing it down onto the sheets.

"Hey, Hazz?"

I hear Liam's voice from outside, running my hands over my tired face before answering, "Yeah?"

"Sadie says she needs to talk to you, right now. She's on the phone."

Authors note: I'm sorry if its not long enough for your liking, but you asked me to update so here ya go!(: Don't worry, the next chapters will be eventful and hopefully long. Can we try and get his chapter up to 200 comments (without spamming me)?(: let's see! COMMENT & VOTE!:D