Chapter 34

Fix a heart

Chapter 34

"I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart." -L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Blair's POV:

I hadn't moved from the couch, as usual. I had bordelly been waiting for Sadie to get home so I could have someone to talk to but I hadn't received a text saying she had left.

Call me weird but I ask her to text me when she gets somewhere and when she leaves just to make sure she's safe. The same with me. Because if I lost Sadie I honestly wouldn't know what to do.

I had finished A Fault In Our Stars after about a half hour surprisingly, and ive been staring absentmindedly at the TV for who knows how long watching some undersea show.

I basically jump from the couch cushions in shock as I hear the door knock, placing my hand over my heart as I slowly rise from the couch. I suddenly get a spurge of excitement, realizing that it must be my books finally getting to the house.

I straighten out my sweat pants and pony tail just not to scare the delivery man before I open the door,

"Finally, I'd been thinking they'd never show u-"

I stop mid sentence as I see the green eyed boy standing on my porch, his large hands that I'm familiar with stuffed in the pockets of his black jeans.

"Blair please don't slam the door in my face. It's been three days since I've tried talking to you." He pleads.

I shut my mouth which had been slightly opened, "What do you want." I say flatly, noticing his jaw tighten at my tone.

"What do I need to do to make you forgive me?" He asks, almost pained.

"Just stop....trying. Please." I beg, my voice strained.

"But what about what you told me? About how you said you liked me and-"

"Your only making this harder Harry! Don't you get that I'm hurt?!" I shout, anger taking over.

"It's not only hurting me Blair it's killing me!" He shouts back, the crack in his voice bringing fresh tears to the brim of my eyes.

"If I knew what really had happened with Niall I would have never gone out and drank, or even talked to that girl. Hell I wouldn't have even glanced at her Blair." He tells me.

By now he stands a few steps away from me since he had walked forward with his words. I want to reach out and let my hand run through his mess of curls but I won't let myself.

"But it proved what you would have done. That you would have gone and just gotten back at me." I snap, feeling a tear slip from my face.

I let out a sigh of aggravation and harshly wipe away the stray tear, hating that human beings have to be so emotional. Or even feel at all. But all fails as they all start to fall over my cheeks silently.

"God please don't cry, please." Harry pleads.

I didn't notice that I had closed my eyes until I feel the pad of his thumbs wiping underneath my eyes, taking even myself by surprise as I smack them away from me with force.

"I'm done." I snap.

"I'm done with all these shitty feelings. One minute I hate you, the next I'm starting to like you, then I'm getting all those damn butterfly's in my stomach whenever you touch me and in a second I'm heartbroken. I'm done Harry. I knew this was coming and I don't know why I never listened to myself." I say sharply, the tears still streaming down my cheeks with the cracks of my voice.