Chapter 13

Fix a heart

Chapter 13

"The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person." -Mary Elizabeth Williams

Blair's POV:

Harry's body became less of a struggle to walk with; the alcohol seeming to drain out the slightest bit. But not enough to stop the random laughs and giggles that fall from his lips for no reason.

The rest of the walk home had consisted of no more talking; only my hand pushing his away as he would try to touch my bum, my back, my hips, my boobs. I had become to think that he was actually stupid enough to not just stop about the seventh time of me swatting his hands away.

I help Harry to my bed, the new light of the room making my eyes somewhat widen. The impact of the punch he had received is already forming a large bruise along his jaw with a cut, his bottom lip holding a gash.

"Stay here." I tell Harry, my hands firmly placed on his shoulders.

I shake my head as I take a look at the view in front of me, a drunk Harry on my bed. Not even two weeks ago I hoped I'd never, ever, see him again.

"I'll be glad to stay here...on your bed..." He says to me, winking cheekily.

I roll my eyes at him before walking downstairs, not even wanting to know what Harry is up to as I pour a mug of black coffee, two Advils clutched in my hand as I walk back upstairs; as well as a towel.

I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh as I see Harry under the sheets of my bed, his eyes closed before he hears my presence from me setting the coffee cup down on my nightstand; his eyes opening.

He sits up, a bare chest being reveiled. My eyebrows scrunch together as my eyes flicker to my floor, clothes carelessly discarded on the carpet.

"Harry if you don't have underwear on I'm going to smack the shit out of you." I tell him.

He laughs, my comforter falling further down his chest as he scoots forward, relief hitting me as I see he has boxers on.

"Here." I hold out the pills, Harry taking them from my palm.

"I can't drink that black." Harry tells me as he points to the coffee cup.

"Well you're going to. It will help with the headache that your bound to have." I tell him, cautiously sitting on the end of the bed, finding it hard not to stare at his revieled flesh.

His eyes flutter to look at me over the rim of the coffee cup as he takes a drink to wash down the pills, a amused grin on his face once his lips are in view again.

"You know, I don't bite." He laughs, noticing my stiff posture on the completely different corner of the bed.

"Yes, but you do rape." I say sarcastically, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips as he laughs.

"Finish the coffee." I tell him, a grumble of unwantedness leaving Harry.

"I'll be right back." I say, picking up the scrap towel that I had brought up, walking to my bathroom to run it under the tap.

I walk in to see Harry touching at his lip again, looking up to me.

"That's what this is for." I say, handing out the towel.

"Do it for me won't you?" He asks me, laying down on his back.

The alcohol is wearing off, and I can tell by how tired he is acting.

I sit down at the edge of the bed before scooting back slowly so I sit next to him, one of his eyes peeking open to look to me before it closes again.

I sigh as I gently wipe the towel over his lip, his nose crinkling.

"Are you going to tell me why you went out and drank?" I ask quietly.

He stays quiet for a minute as I continue to dab at his lip, his eyes opening when all the blood is washed off, my hand resting back into my lap.

"It's complicated." Is all he says as he sits up, now sitting in front of me; my eyes straining away from his bare chest.

"Well I can obviously listen." I say.

His eyes flutter around nervously.

"I....I had a drinking issue." He says.

"Had?" I ask.

He lets out a breath before he shifts in place, looking up to me.

"I'm trying to stop, and I had gone over a week without one. That's why I'm back here is to get better." He admits.

I'm not a person to freak out about things like this. Everyone has their flaws. That's why it wasn't a big deal to tell Harry about what I had done. That's part of me and my past, I had done that and I can't make it just dissapear.

"What made you do it tonight then?" I ask softly.

I could tell he was thinking, his hand raising to mess with his lips; seeming to forget about the cut as he runs over them nervously.

"Because of what you told me. What I did." He says.

Harry's POV:

Blair frowns as she raises the wet towel again, resting it onto my cheek; I was unaware that I had another cut.

Her blue eyes ignore eye contact; instead she looks at my cheek as she dabs at it.

"You know, my friends told me they wouldn't come see me if I failed." I tell her.

I don't know why I'm willingly telling Blair these things, but she's an easy person to talk to; that's when she wants to listen though.

And right now, I think she actually doesn't care to talk to me.

"Your bandmates?" She asks, leaning forward to take a closer inspection at my face, her other hand lifting to softly grip my chin, moving my face to the side before letting her hands drop.

"Yeah, their the ones that made me come home. Because they got fed up with me." I tell her.

"I'm sure if you talk to them that they'll understand. You're close right?" She questions.

"Like brothers."

She nods her head, seeming somewhat nervous as she scrambles off her bed.

"I'll take the couch for tonight. And tomorrow morning I'll take you to your car." She tells me, the bloodied towel hanging from her hands as she lingers in the doorway.

She leaves without letting me say anything. I'm going to sleep on the couch, not her. I get off the bed, about to walk out her door before she comes back in.

"I forgot my pajamas." She says, slipping passed me to get to her dresser.

"You'll have the bed." I say, feeling a bit better; my drowsy mood slipping away.

"Harry its fine..really." She says.

Blair's POV:

I could tell that Harry's happy self was back as a smirk spread across his face.

"Or if it's a problem we could both sleep in here." He says cheekily.

"I need to change." I cut in.

I smile in embarrassment as Harry smirks at me, lifting his hands to put them over his eyes, his broad, bare back turning to face.

"Harry." I complain, my hands clutching onto my clothes.

"Blair. Just change into the clothes." Harry says.

I intently watch him as I slip off my shorts, slipping on my pajama bottoms just as soon as they had dropped to the floor. Its no use in arguing.

Next, I still watch him as I lift my shirt over my head, fearing that once I could see again he would be watching. But he wasn't.

I drop my t-shirt, picking it up to see its inside out. My heart races as I see Harry start to turn back around, my hands working extra quickly to turn the material right side out.

"Harry!" I squeak as he's fully facing me.

Right when I get the shirt right side out I tug it over my head, giving Harry a glare.

"Nothing I've never seen before love." He teases me.

I know that Harry has been with a few count of woman, so what makes him call me a slut, when I've never had an actual boyfriend. Or had sex?

"So you can call me a slut....when your the one that's actually slept around. While I, haven't." I say.

"Oh, don't worry. You're much hotter than the others." He smirks, making my cheeks oddly heat.

"And what, you've never...." He trails off, pelvic thrusting the air to emberass me.

"Harry!" I laugh nervously, tossing my dirty clothes across the room to my hamper.

"No seriously, you haven't?" He asks surprisingly.

"No I haven't. Even though that is none of your business." I exasperate.

I feel so exposed right now, his smirk burning into me.

"It may have to be my business if I'm your first. Which I would be glad to do for you." He smiles.

"Harry shut up." I say, deciding the conversation should end now.

"Fine. But the offer always stands. Now get in the bed." He says, pointing to the sheets.

My bare feet pad across my carpet as I obey, climbing under the blankets.

"Turn off the light. There's already blankets on the couch." I tell him, turning onto my side.

I snuggle into my pillow as I see the light turn off, only to open them as I feel the mattress sink in.

"Harry." I say.

"Hmm?" I hear him mumble.

"You're supposed to be on the couch." I tell him.

"Im fine right here." He says with a yawn.

Hearing him yawn caused me to also, my sleepiness taking over. I decided I'm too tired to argue with the stubborn boy beside me.

"Just keep your hands to yourself." I say, my back still facing him.

"No promises love. But goodnight."

Authors note: Okay, go to my profile and read my story's

'When you can't go on'

&

'Start it all over again'

And if you do I'll love you forever, and ever, and EVER.

Okay?