Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Fix a heart

"Being with you never felt wrong. It's the one thing I did right. You're the one thing I did right." -Becca Fitzpatrick

Blair's POV:

I heard beeping, murmurs, and it smelled weird. I inhaled the smell of cheap laundry softener, realizing that I had fallen asleep on my fathers hospital bed, my back aching as I sit up. I let out a tired breath as I wipe at my face, feeling like a complete mess as I move the hair out of my face which had stuck to my now dry tears.

"Hey baby girl."

I gasp in shock, letting out a trembled laugh of happiness mixed with some sort of embarrassing sob as I meet my fathers half opened eyes.

"Daddy, your awake." I laugh weakly.

You know that sparkle I told you about? Well, there it is. Right there in his blue eyes. I thought I would never see it again. I do my best at giving him a hug, sort of just ending in my head being laid on his chest as silent tears stream down my rosy cheeks from all the crying.

"Shh sweetheart, it will all be okay." But I knew it wouldn't be. How could we possibly be okay without my mom? It just doesn't seem right.

Yeah I know I didn't live with her anymore, and I only got a visit from them about once or maybe twice a month, but you still love your mother with all your heart no matter the circumstances.

"Daddy I love you, you know that right?" I sniffle into his hospital gown, the same cheap softener smell as on the sheets wafting up my nose.

"Yes Blair, of course. And I love you too baby." I let a small smile break through on my face at the feeling of his hand running through my tangled hair, our moment interrupted by a nurse walking into the room.

"Hey hun, I've got to check up on your dad okay?" She asks me.

I nod my head in understandment as I stand up, kissing my dads cheek before leaving the room. When I walk into the waiting room I see Sadie. She's in a different set of clothes, because she had slept at home last night but I refused. I smile as she gives me a hug, holding me out at arms length before she wipes underneath my eyes with her thumbs.

"Mascara." She smirks, holding up her black thumbs for evidence. I laugh, shaking my head at my bestfriend.

"Did he wake up?" She asks me.

I nod my head with a small smile, watching as Sadie moves over to a waiting room chair, grabbing some clothes off of it.

"That's really great Blair, he'll get though it, I promise. Now go change into these, I figured you would want some new clothes." She smiles, handing me a pair of black tights, a black tanktop, and one of my favorite flannels with uggs. Thank The Lord for comfty clothes.

"Thanks." I tell her, turning on my heel to go to the nearest bathroom that I could find. After changing into my new clothes I go back to Sadie, agreeing on going to the cafeteria with her for breakfast.

"I called Liam." Sadie tells me, looking at me as we walk side by side down the hospital halls.

"And?" I ask curiously. They call eachother all the time, so I don't see why this phone call is so important.

"I spoke to Harry too." She tells me. I purse my lips, mumbling an 'oh' and looking down at my faded brown uggs.

I wrap my flannel tighter around me, wishing that I could go outside and enjoy the rain that's pouring down outside. It always makes me feel better, but I know Sadie wouldn't be up for it.