Chapter 23

Fix a heart

Chapter 23

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

Blair's POV:

I couldn't seem to get my mind off him. How his hands felt, how his lips felt. How he smelled. Everything.

But I know I shouldn't like Harry, because he's already hurt me once, and it can happen again. But that's only if I let it happen. And I won't.

It was just a kiss right? Well three actually. I'll just have to see where things go. And that's what's nagging at me the most. Because I can't make myself believe that Harry is bad for me, because a part of me tells me it's okay to like him, that I can. But then another part of me says that I shouldn't, because that will just lead to heart break. But I don't know what side to believe.

**2 days later.**

Harrys POV:

I felt uneasy, my knees bouncing up and down like crazy as I drive down Blair's street at two in the morning.

I had gotten up this morning to go and pick up the boys from the airport, anxiety and nervousness taking over every inch of me once I had gotten into my car to leave. That's when I knew that Blair would help me, that she could talk some sense into me.

I stomp on my brakes as I pull into her driveway which is still unoccupied by Sadie's car. I don't like that she is here alone.

I knock on the front door a few times, knowing that it may take her a minute to open up since its only two in the morning to remind you. A minute or two goes by of me knocking before the door swings open, Blair's eyebrows crossed in annoyance.

"Harry?" She grumbles.

"Blair I'm freaking out." I gush.

She rubs her eyes, my own trailing down to her pajama shorts and tank top that adorns her body.

"Why?" She yawns.

"Remember the boys come today? Their flight gets here at four thirty and I got up to start heading over and I-"

"Harry." Blair stops me.

I let out a huff, tugging the beanie from my head carelessly to run my hands through my curls.

"You don't think Louis told the others right?" I ask her.

Blair shakes her head immediately, "He said he wouldn't Harry. He's your best mate." She comforts me.

I look down to my feet, my dirty converse becoming interesting to me as I speak my next words.

"Will you come with me Blair? You always seem to make things easier." I ask softly.

I tear my eyes away from my shoes to see Blair biting her bottom lip, her tanned legs shifting in place.

"Please."

*****

Blair's POV:

"Harry stop rambling." I tell him, shoving my hands in my jacket pockets, resting back into the seat.

"Sorry." He grumbles.

So somehow, Harry had managed to get me to come along with him. Because I make things easier on him? Maybe just because I can talk some sense into him when he's over thinking things.

"Just calm down, their your best friends it's not like right when they see you their going to pound on you." I say.

"Louis might " He grunts.

"Harry seriously, stop." I look at him, his eyes droopy as if he didn't sleep at all last night.

"It...it will all be fine." I say softly.

I reach over, patting the top of his hand with my own. I let it rest there, Harrys eyes holding mine captive as his pink lips quirk at the edges. As a full smirk spreads across his face my chest warms, the silly Harry that always seems to make me smile coming back to place.

As his hand moves from under mine I thought he was going to pull his hand out from underneath mine, but instead he intertwines our fingers.

Our comfortable silence was broken by a shout from not too far away, our hands darting into our laps at the sound of Harrys name being shouted.

"Harry!"

"That's them." He says quietly, standing up from the seats we had been sitting on.

I do the same, straightening out the beanie I had placed on my head in a rush this morning.

My eyes fix onto a group of boys heading towards us, bags hanging from their shoulders, suitcases being dragged behind them.

"Hey guys." Harry smiles nervously as they reach us, all their eyes fixed on Harry before they suddenly drop their bags, engulfing Harry into a group hug which caused me to jump back so I wouldn't get hit.

Deep laughs emit from the manly group hug, smiles on each of their faces as they back away.

"We missed you Haz." A blonde one says, patting him on the shoulder.

I stay in place, observing each of the boys. I only recognize Louis from the Skype call, and the rest I don't really recognize much.

"This is Blair."

The sound of my name being spoken from Harry brought me from my thoughts, eyes fixed on me.

"Hey." I say simply.

"Ah so this is the girl our Haz fel-"

"God Louis would you Shutup!" Harry laughs loudly, my cheeks blazing red.

The rest of the boys have confused looks on their faces. And I think Louis is the teasing type.

Harry gives me a small smile as the boys all greet me, informing me on their names which I think I can remember.

But now all I can think of is the time Harry had forced me to come to the diner to get my phone back from him, the event somehow ending in Harry feeling me up. And it makes my cheeks heat embarrassedly to know he had told Louis about it.

Did he tell him what happened at the bakery also?

Oh god. This is embarrassing.

_______________

Authors note: Hey guys! I'm so glad this is getting more reads! But keep commenting and most of all voting:)

I would love it if some of you guys would Kik me at 1D_Louis9 to give me some ideas of what you think should happen, or maybe some plot twists that you would find interesting. I have some in mind, but I would also like to know what you guys are thinking:) if you don't have a Kik you can message me on here to:)

Read my other Fanfics heartbeat and start it all over again!:)