Chapter 28

Fix a heart

Chapter 28

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." - Shelly hurting

Blair's POV:

We didn't take much time in exiting the vehicle once we reached the beach house, everybody grabbing their luggage and rushing into the enormous house to debate on who gets which room.

Me and Sadie had ended up getting a room to share, while the other boys have got their own. But I don't mind, because im not used to being alone. I've always lived in a house with someone else always there.

"Sadie?" I question.

I keep my eyes fixed on my suitcase that is layed on the bed, digging through to find my bathing suit.

"Yeah?" She asks.

I look up to her with a sigh, glancing at the bright blue walls of the bedroom.

"Do you think that I can trust Harry?" I ask softly.

Sadie's lips turn into a frown, walking over to me. She places her hands on my shoulders, a small smile forming on her lips.

"Stop over thinking it Blair. Just let things...happen." She tells me.

I let my head fall, shaking it softly.

"You know I hate to get let down. I hate to get hurt, I hate to cry. I hate getting close to people, because I'm afraid they will just end up leaving at some point." I say.

"Honestly Blair, I don't think Harry will leave you."

*********

"Movies or books?"

"Books." I answer quickly.

Harrys scrunches up his nose at my answer.

"Movies are way better then books." He tells me.

I shrug my shoulders, lying down onto my towel to let the sun soak into my skin.

"When you use your imagination it's almost just like a movie, but better." I smile.

"Summer or winter?" I ask.

"Deffinantly summer." He answers.

"Winters better." I protest.

I lift my glasses up the bridge of my nose to peer up at him as he turns to me, sitting criss crossed on his towel which is next to me.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Summer is always the same. You don't know what to expect with winter. It could rain, snow, hail, it could storm...you never know. And I love thunder storms especially. Their so powerful." I shrug.

A small smile forms on Harrys lips, making me laugh.

"What?" I ask.

"Your odd." He chuckles.

"No I'm not." I answer, sitting up again to look out at the beach.

"I just have a different perspective on things."

"What is your favorite book Blair?" Harry asks me.

"The fault in our stars." I answer quickly. I didn't even have to think twice about that.

"Never read it." He mumbles.

"You should. It can really change your perspective on life." I say back.

I watch as Sadie and Liam mess around in the water along with Zayn, Niall, and Louis. They had asked me to come along when we first got out here, but I had just wanted to relax. But then Harry came over to give me company.

"You want to go out?" He asks.

I ponder over it, deciding on going.

"Yeah." I answer.

I stand up with Harry, walking over to the shore.

Harrys POV:

Anything she says can hold me captive. It can be a mere hello, or everything she had just told me back there.

She is different, and she thinks very differently than others. And I love that about her. I never know what she can say next, but I will always listen for it.

"It's cold." Blair laughs as she walks into the water, braving herself as she goes in deeper, the water reaching her waist.

I walk into the water until I reaches my waist also, flipping over to lay onto my back, floating in the water.

"Lord of the rings or Star Wars?" I ask.

"What?" Blair asks, unable to hear me from the distance between us.

She wades over to me, beginning to float on her back also.

"Lord of the rings or Star Wars?"

"Star Wars." She laughs.

"Finally something we agree on." I smile.

"I believe in the metaphor that opposites attract." Blair says.

"You have a lot of metaphors." I tell her.

"Like what?"

I listen to the sound of our hands wading through the water to keep us afloat.

"Like how you think you can't fall in love. Obviously you can because what a big heart you've got." I say, poking her side.

I turn my head to see her cheeks are flushed, peeking over to me just for a moment before ducking underneath the water.

If your wondering why I'm asking all these questions, it's because I'm determined to know every single thing possible about her.

I feel a wave of water splash over me, turning to see Sadie and Niall standing behind us. When Blair comes up from the water they splash her too.

Blair laughs, running her hands over her wet face. Sadie swims over to Blair, ducking her underneath the water. But my sight is once gone when Niall does the same to me.

Authors note: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter:) IM WATCHING THE HOBBIT FINALLY.

Okay, we'll comment and vote please!!!