Chapter 16

Fix a heart

Chapter 16

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard

Blair's POV:

The next morning I hear my alarm buzz, making a groan pass my lips as I roll onto my stomach.

I get at myself for listening to Sadie when she had told me to put my alarm clock across the room; having to get up to hastily shut it off.

I am not a morning person; I'm getting annoyed at Harry for making me get up this early. Like, why in the world do I have to be up at 5:30?

I lazily brush my teeth, glaring at my hair in the mirror as I do the process. After brushing the rats nest and pinning it back I tug on a pair of jeans, an oversized sweater and sandals coming on next.

I didn't feel in the mood to be eating, so I plopped back down on my bed; waiting for Harry to get here.

I listened for a knock, my eyebrows crossing as I hear a different sound. I hear it again, sitting up and looking around my room. I let out a sleepy laugh as my gaze falls upon my window.

Harry's POV:

I zip up my jacket before I bend down, picking up a handful of rocks from beside my feet. I straighten out my beanie before tossing a rock, smiling as it hits Blair's bedroom window.

I decided to be a cliche romantic this morning. Why not?

I throw a few more at the window before I see Blair tug the window open, peering down to me.

"Harry?" She laughs.

"Hey." I answer.

"So you make me get up early, and then try and break my window?" She asks me, and I can see humor in her smile.

"Just come on!" I say, signaling for her to come down.

"Harry I'm not coming down from the window!" She laughs.

I see her start to back away from the window, "C'mon your completely ruining the romantic gesture!" I call out.

She pokes her head back out, her eyebrows crossed.

"Romantic gesture? Why are you trying to be romantic in the first place? And stop shouting you're going to wake the neighbors." She scolds me.

I sigh as she disappears, coming out her front door soon after.

She tugs her sleeves down to cover her hands, her dark hair blowing in the cold morning breeze.

"Are you going to tell me why you're doing this?" She asks me annoyedly as she stomps to my car.

"How about you just let it be a surprise grumpy." I tell her as I climb into the car, locking the doors before she could get in.

She knocks on the window with a pissed off look on her face, her mouth moving.

I assume she's cussing me out, and I'm confirmed when her voice gets louder.

"Open the door you Jack ass!" She shouts.

I do as told, Blair slumping into the seat once she sits down.

"Let's just get this over with." She yawns.

"Oh no, you're with me all day." I inform her, making her cross her eyebrows.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

******

I could see Blair's confused face as we walk acrossed the empty parking lot, her small hands shoved into her sweater pockets as she glances at me; kicking pebbles that are in her path.

"Do you see it yet?" I ask her, making her meet my eye contact.

"A bowling alley?" She asks, raising her eyebrows at me curiously.

"Yeah." I smile, stopping in my tracks once we reach the building.

"Give me one of your hair things." I tell Blair, making her face turn in confusion as she reaches up her dainty hand, pulling the clip from her hair.

She hands it to me before shoving her hands back into her pockets, rocking back and forth on her feet as she watches me.

"Harry!" She gasps as she watches my actions.

"Calm down." I chuckle, leaning back down to continue my actions, jabbing the bobby pin into the lock again.

"Harry what if someone catches us?" She whispers.

"Blair you can talk, there's no one around." I laugh as I turn my head, meeting Blair's blue eyes.

She rolls her eyes, tapping her foot as I get back to work. A smile of satisfaction crosses my face as I hear a click, handing Blair her bobby pin as she gives me a smug look.

"What are we doing Harry?" She pries.

"We're going bowling, what the hell does it look like?" I tease.

"This is what you made me get up for? We could have just came later today when it was open." She sighs.

"But that wouldnt have been as fun, now would it?" I ask her.

She follows behind me as I walk easily around the dimly lit bowling ally, searching for the light switch that I know is close.

"I can't see a thing." Blair complains from behind me.

I ignore her as I turn on the lights to the building, the fluorescent lights making the bowling ally's glow to life.

"Have you been here before?" Blair asks me, her blue orbs flickering around to look at the bright glowing colors as she speaks.

I turn to her, nodding my head.

"Seems like you've been here more than a few times." She states.

"I used to come here in the mornings. Just to be by myself." I shrug my shoulders, motioning for Blair to follow me.

But that's before I stop, leaning over as a symbol for her to hop onto my back. I smile as she starts to make her way over to me, looking as if shes going to jump on; but instead running right passed me with a laugh.