Chapter 2

Fix a heart

Chapter 2

"Life is a fight, but not everyone's a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species." -Andrew Vachss, Terminal

Blair's POV:

I shut the cash register after setting money neatly inside, resting back onto my stool. One more hour Blair. One more. My butt is numb from sitting for so long, and my neck aches so all I want to do is fall into bed and sleep for hours.

My phone vibrates in my apron pocket, distracting me from my inner complaints and I look around me to make sure Kelly isnt around before digging it out. It's a text from Sadie.

Sadie: 'Blair, bad news.'

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion before replying.

Me: 'What's wrong? You okay?'

I just hoped nothing had happened to her. I almost instantly get a reply, once again checking around to make sure I wont get caught. Kelly is very strict, but she is a very sweet woman.

Sadie: 'Hes back. It's all over the news.'

My eyes widen, and I just hope and pray to god that it's not who I think it is. Oh god...

Me: 'As in HIM?'

I tap my foot nervously as I wait for her response, the sound filling the empty bakery. My phone bleeps again.

Sadie: 'Yeah, it's on the news saying he's back in his home town after tour.'

I bite my lip, shoving my phone back into my apron pocket. It's not like I'll see him right? He may not even remember me. But I sure do remember him.

"Blair, how are things running out front?" I hear Kelly call from the kitchen, peeking out the door. Her blonde, bob cut hair frames her face as she looks to me.

"Slow." I murmur to her, staring blankly ahead of me.

"You can go ahead and get out of here. You've only got a little over a half hour left anyways." She tells me.

I nod my head stiffly before untying my apron, absentmindedly hanging it up before saying goodbye to Kelly.

I storm out to my car, wanting to get home so Sadie can explain this more to me. Why would he even come back? Oh right, he does have family here.

I let my thoughts swarm around my head as I drive back to the house in complete silence, feeling lazy once I do reach my destination; forcing myself to get out of the car.

"Sadie?" I call out as I walk inside.

I hear her footsteps as she comes downstairs, now in her pjs; her hair in a messy bun.

"Just because he's back doesn't mean that you will see him." She says instantly.

"I hope not." I mumble, letting my purse fall to the floor by the door.

Sadie gives me a small smile before tugging me towards the kitchen.

"I made pasta, and you look like you could use some food." She tells me, maneuvering around to get me a plate.

"We got mail?" I ask as I see a stack of papers set on the dining room table.

"Yeah, I haven't gotten to opening it yet. Do it would you? I have been waiting for my college to send me my next courses." She asks.

I nod my head before taking a seat at the table, pulling the stack of letters towards me.

Bills, bills, adds, magazines...

"I don't think it's hear yet." I call out to Sadie as I continue to shift through the junk mail.

I stop as I come to a small envelope 'Cheshire Highschool Reunion' imprinted on the front.

I hear the microwave beep, signaling that my food was warmed up. Sadie brings it to me before sitting down beside me, taking the envelope from my hand.

"Is it from the college?" She asks.

"No..it's for reunion." I say, shaking my head as I grab my fork, spearing noodles.

"Oo, do you want to go?" She asks happily, taking the envelops from my fingers. I let her take it.

Sadie's always liked parties. She always dragged me along to high school parties, as well as college parties.

But in high school, I always was afraid to go. Because I knew Harry would be there.

"No." I mumble, shoving the noodles into my mouth.

"Why not?" She pouts, pushing her bottom lip out.

"It's this weekend...." She trails off.

"I'm not going. You can." I say.

"Give me a reason why!" She exclaims.

"Because what if he's there Sadie?" I ask.

She raises her eyebrows at me, "Do you really think he will be there? He just came back from a world wide tour to see his family, and he's going to go to a stupid high school reunion? Come on Blair he probably thinks he's too good for it anyways." She scoffs.

"Exactly it's stupid, so why go?" I argue back.

"Because we can see our old friends." She retorts, pushing the hairs that had fallen from her bun out of her eyes.

"Come on, I honestly don't think he will be there. And if he is so what? He probably won't even remember us, or you."

"And if he is so what? No it won't just be like that because what if he does notice me. What is he starts to torture me again?" I ask, sounding quite hopeless.

"He's a grown man by now, I don't think he would do that now do you? I mean he was just a kid back then. And he's probably only here for a short amount of time." She says.

I almost laughed aloud, and by the look on Sadie's face it looked like she was even having a hard time taking herself seriously.

"God, who knows what he's capable of. After bullying me year after year, I think that he would do anything. I can't believe I even liked him in the beginning of elementary." I say. That's before he started to bully me, and that only made my little heart hurt worse. Because I had a crush on him.

"Okay but seriously let's just go. If he's there- which I doubt he will be- just don't acknowledge him. Stand up for yourself." She tells me, nudging my elbow that's rested on the table.

I give her a glare before rolling my eyes, stabbing more noodles onto my fork.

"Fine."

A/N: Hey guys, comment what you think below? And VOTE please! It would mean a lot! I hope you guys like it, and I would appreciate if you tell me what you think so far:D