Chapter 35

Fix a heart

Chapter 35

"It's a shame you left without a word, you know. She was just beginning to trust you before that. Before you got angry. Before you ran off. Just like every other man in her life. Lusting after her, full of sweet words, then just walking away. Leaving her alone. Good thing she's used to it by now, isn't it? Otherwise you might have hurt her. Otherwise you just might have broken that poor girl's heart" -Patrick Rothfuss

Sadie's POV:

"Liam." I groan, making myself take yet another step into the path of dirt that walks us uphill.

"Just a little while longer." He laughs, a few great strides ahead if me; not even panting one bit.

When he said he's taking me out for our first date I did not think that it would contain a hiking session. Flats are so not the shoes for this shit.

"You said just a while longer like fifty minutes ago." I complain jokingly.

"We've only been at it for like ten minutes." He laughs, slowing down until I catch up with him.

"I have rocks in my shoes." I laugh.

He smiles at me before leaning over for access to his back. I don't deny it, hopping onto the muscled back before clamping my arms around his neck.

"So why are we doing this exactly?" I ask him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

He doesn't smell of cologne, and I can't seem to place a certain smell of body wash or hair scrub, he just smells like.....skin if that makes sense.

"You aren't patient enough to wait are you? I've got a picnic set up for us up here." He tells me with a chuckle.

I smile, my cheeks heated at his generosity.

"I was starting to think that you were taking me up here to a hidden slaughter house to murder me." I laugh softly into his neck.

"Totally." He chuckles.

"You so ruin romantic moments." He states with a laugh.

I shrug my shoulders even though I know he can't see me.

When he stops walking on the trail I look up to see exactly a picnic before us, one of those cheesy red and white plaid blankets underneath the wicker basket and all.

"Wow Liam, isn't this cute." I smile as I hop down from his back, pushing my hair from my face.

"I just had to do something cheesy and totally cliche." He laughs.

I shake my head with a smirk as I peck his cheek, having to stand on my tippy toes to do the action before I plop down onto the blanket, gesturing for him to join me.

Harrys POV:

I don't know how long I drove around town, emptying my full tank of gas which is why I was forced to head home; after getting gas of course.

Of course the thought of drinking my pain away had occurred more than a few times, but I wouldn't let myself. It's caused too many problems already which weren't worth those few hours of drunkedness anyway.

When I walk into the house I pray to god that the boys won't notice that I had cried a while ago, hoping that there is no evidence remaining on my face.

They all give me hopeful looks right when I enter through the door, a shake of my head making their faces wipe all that hope right off. Blair isn't right. It is still worth it. Anything that makes you happy is worth fighting for. And for once in my life I had felt content and alive and it got torn away from my grasp because of my own actions.