Chapter 33

Fix a heart

Chapter 33

"Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal" -Gayle Forman

Sadie's POV:

"She..wants me to leave?"

I saw defeat in his eyes as he took a step away from me, his shaking hands being shoved into his pockets.

I nod my head softly, watching as he clears his throat. I could swear that there's a coat of tears covering his green eyes that he's trying so hard not to release in front of me as he refuses to make eye contact, looking to his left; his adams apple moving as he repeatedly swallows.

I take a big step away from the door until I know I'm out of hearing reach of Blair, setting my hand on Harrys shoulder, only making him drop his head down to his feet.

"I'm not convinced." I say softly.

"Convinced of what?" He murmurs.

"I think she's just trying to convince herself she doesn't like you. And it's not going to happen, because I know she does. She wouldn't be hurt like this if she didn't Harry. She doesn't let anything get to her unless its important." I tell him.

"But she probably hates me after what I did Sadie." He says.

"Just give her time and I think she will come around. Just let it cool down. Smooth things over with the boys and I'll try and talk to her okay?"

"I've fucked it all up." He mumbles under his breath.

My eyes flick over the large figure in front of me. He looks hopeless and hurt.

"No you haven't Harry. You haven't lost her, I swear."

********

Blair's POV:

I don't know how long Sadie was outside, but I just buried my head underneath a throw pillow on the couch and let my tears out that I hate for anybody to see.

When I hear the front door open again I lift the pillow from my face, not bothering on wiping my face because I know I have no makeup on to worry about.

"He left." Sadie tells me.

I nod my head with a sniffle as she comes to sit beside me, my knees being shifted to curl up to my chest; squeezing them tightly. What I would do to make everything go back to what it was a few days ago.

Sadie flicks on the TV, the feeling of her eyes glancing to me every now and then making it hard to keep my still brewing tears inside my stressed body. It feels as if I even make eye contact with someone I would just burst into pieces.

I feel Sadie's arm wrap around me, pulling my head down to her shoulder, making my curled up body fall into her side.

"Blair you can cry in front of me." She whispers softly.

I let my eyes close, so thankful for a friend like her. One that can see right through me when I try my hardest to be shielded. One that knows how stubborn I am and puts up with it.

"Why does everything have to get screwed up." I sob.

It's like a replay of the night at the beach house, her nails running through my hair and across my scalp. I guess she's found that this helps soothe me a bit; as well as a new discovery to me.

"It might be screwed up right now Blair but not forever." She tells me.

I didn't feel like speaking anymore so I just let my head lye on her, letting the large tears that had needed to be released fall down my cheeks.