Chapter 11

Fix a heart

Chapter 11

"We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them." - George Orwell

Harry's POV:

"Get out of the car." I growl, staring at Blair as she sits stiffly in my car still.

"Im not getting out of the car." She answers.

I didn't hesitate before heaving a sigh, leaning into the opened door of the car to wriggle my hand under her thighs, my other prying between her lower back and seat.

She try's to swat my touch away, but I hoist her from the seat, letting her down once she was completely out of the car.

I kick the door shut, turning to meet her glare.

"Now, should I carry you all the way to the entrance or will you be a good girl?" I ask her.

She rolls her eyes before shaking her head at me, turning to stalk away from me towards the fair.

*********

"You got to pick the last ride!" I complain.

"I'm not going on one of those shitty rides again." I say.

"What are you five? Pick the next ride then." She huffs.

I glance around us, the biggest ride here catching my eyes.

"That one." I point out.

"No way I'm going on that." She tells me.

"Dont be a wimp." I scoff.

"I can be because I'm a girl." She says.

"Well I'm going so you could come if you'd like." I inform her.

"Harry don't leave me all alone!" She gasps.

"Then come on!" I say.

She grunts before trailing after me, the line not very long.

"I'm going to kill you." She sighs.

"Are you really that scared?" I laugh at her, noticing her trembling hands.

"No." She scoffs, but I could tell it was a lie.

I wondered if I was going insane as I found myself grabbing a hold of one of her shaking hands as we start to walk again; my head racking with ways to make it seem not so odd.

"Stop being a baby." I mumble.

Her eyes are wide as she looks up to me, even though she is still holding my hand. She looks away with a look of complete bewilderment on her face, releasing my hand as we reach our cart.

She gives me a glare as an employee helps her strap in, her hair being pulled into a pony tail.

"Ohhhh Gooodd." She says as we start to roll, a smirk forming on my face from her behavior.

Blair's POV:

Right when we started to drop I thought my life was over, my instinct to cover my face.

Without thinking I leant over, my face being buried in Harry's side. I don't give a crap if I hate him at the moment, I just can't watch.

I squeeze my eyes shut, my stomach churning in my stomach the whole dang time. And when we come to a stop finally, I slowly lift my head from Harry.

"Did you like it?" He asks jokingly.

"No! I'm never going on it again!" I exclaim, scampering from my seat as Harry laughs.

I breathily stomp away from the ride, my eyes scanning around for a food cart in search for water; my throat dry.

Once I spot one I walk over, hearing Harry's footsteps behind me.

"I need money." I tell Harry, putting my hand out.

He huffs before shoving his hand in his pocket, taking out a bill before paying for the water. I instantly chug about half of it down as it was put in my hands, twisting the cap back on as I turn to Harry.

"I want to go home." I tell him.

"I didn't come here to just stay for an hour. And besides, the fireworks aren't until later. That's my favorite part." He tells me.

I heave a sigh before chucking the almost emptied water bottle into the trash, walking to Harry. I nod my head at him as a signal to walk; to lead the way.

"The fireworks are my favorite part too." I say, looking up to him.

We walk for a while longer before Harry speaks up.

"Do you work anywhere?"

I quirk my eyebrows at his casual tone, clearing my throat before answering.

"I work at a bakery." I tell him.

"Hey, I used to work at a bakery too." He says, a small smile on his face.

"Which one?" I ask curiously.

"Valerys bakery." He nods his head.

"That's the one I work at!" I laugh.

"Really? Cool." Harry chuckles.

He puts his hands in his pockets, his eyes wandering.

"You want cotton candy?" He asks me.

"If you want pink candy floss all you've got to do is say so Harry." I tease with a smile.

"I was saying for you, you hobnogger." He laughs, his hip hitting my own; making me shift to the side.

"Yeah sure. And I see you've found a new name for me besides slut and bitch." I say.

Harry chuckles before pointing in a different direction for me to turn since I had continued to walk straight ahead, obeying his action as I follow him.

I watch as Harry pays the young man for a stick of cotton candy, giving me a small smile before we start to walk again.

Harry's POV:

I watch as Blair takes a piece of the candy, putting it passed her pink lips to let it melt in her mouth.

I do the same as I try to gain the courage to ask the question that has been nagging at me all day, sucking it up as I let it pour past my lips.

"Blair?" I ask.

"Hmm?" She asks, taking another piece from the stick I still hold.

"Did you...really try to end it?" I ask.

She looks up to me before putting the candy floss through her lips, wiping her hands on her shorts.

"Um, what I told you from before is true. But there's more." She says.

"And what is it?" I ask curiously.

I watch as she plucks another piece off, taking it into her mouth before speaking up willingly.

"I tried cutting. But I completely freaked when I saw the first ounce of blood. And then that's why I tried the pills. Because I knew it wouldn't involve any blood, but each time I had passed out from overdosing someone found me. It was actually Sadie...I still feel terrible for her having to see that." She says easily.

The blood drains from my face as I see her look up to me.

"Blair..." I say quietly.

"Was I really that bad?" I ask shockingly.

She shakes her head as she watches ahead of her.

"Harry...if I tell you 'oh it's just because you called me fat, ugly, a slut, a bitch, clutz, stupid and all those other things'...it won't seem that big of a deal to have hurt myself over. But it hit me hard back then." She says.

"No. Blair if I would have known...I would have never done those things. It was all because my stupid friends. They thought I would be lame or unpopular if I even conversed with you." I say quietly.

I was waiting for her to lash out on me, but she doesn't.

"I always suspected that it was something like that. I just always knew a guy like you would never like a girl like me." She says.

I don't even know how to respond. All I know is that I had hurt her worse than I thought.

Authors note:

Awh okay so first tell me what you think in a comment, and VOTE PLEASE :D

And second tell your friends about the story, along with my other one 'start it all over again' if you are already reading it, and if you arent, we'll, go read it!:)