xxxvii

My hand gripped onto the steering wheel as I turned into a drive way. my free hand held onto Adisa's for support. I could already tell she was very nervous. "babygirl, calm down. It'll be okay." I reaasured her.

She took a deep sigh, closing her eyes. "What if they don't like me."

"they're my family, they love whoever I love, they're not like-"

"my family" she said.

I shook my head, "I wasn't going to say that."

"it's true though" she replied.

"Not all of your family, just your mother." I admitted, I offered her a reassuring smile. "Are you ready to go in?"

she shook her head. "no"

"oh come on"

"Lets go over everyone again."" she said for the hundreth time today.

I rolled my eye at her. "okay, my father is-"

"Thomas" she answered.

"And my mother is-"

"Manuela"

"You are fine see" I chuckled. "Lets go"

"Do you have any cats? Dogs? maybe I should learn their names too." She looked at me nervously.

"No, we don't and even if there were pets their names doesn't matter. " I said. "Now let's go"

"Okay, I can do this" she said, taking in huge amounts of oxygen.

I stated at her, she looked so cute I couldn't resist myself from stealing a kiss from her.

"Marco" Adisa exclaimed. "This is not the time or place"

"What? It was innocent" I replied. I opened my door getting out. "Okay come on let's go"

She eventually got out the car. We carried in a bottle of wine and some flowers for my mom.

We walked through the familiar pathway that led to the door. I knocked on it three times and waited a few seconds before the door opened and my father's face appeared from behind the door. "Marco!"

"Dad" Marco exclaimed. I embraced him into a quick hug."Dad this is Adisa, my girlfriend."

"Hello" she smiled nervously.

"Hello Adisa, wow you are gorgeous." He pulled her into a hug, which clearly caught her off guard by the sight of her face.

"thank you Mr. Reus" she replied.

" don't call me that makes me sound old, call me Thomas." My father said, he turned his attention back to me. "Your mother is in the dining room setting up"

I intertwined my fingers with Adisa's and led her through the house to the back of the house where the dining room was located.

My mother was there setting the plates on the table. "Mom" I called her.

We got her attention, she wore a big smile on her face. "Marco, honey I've missed you."

"I've missed you." I walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "And this is Adisa."

"marco, she is lovely." My mom gushed over my girlfriend.

"Thank you, Mrs. Reus."

"oh please, call me manuela." My mother pulled her into a hug.

I couldn't help but smile to myself at the sight of the two most important women in my life.

"Dinner is ready, everyone take a seat." my mother said.

I sat besides Adisa as we said grace before eating the meal.

"This is delicious Mrs. Re- I mean Manuela." Adisa said to my mother.

"Oh thank you sweetheart. its just an old family recipe." she replied. "do you like to cook?"

"Does she? you have to physically remove her from the kitchen." I answered.

"That is good because you know us Reus men sure love to eat." My father said patting his stomache.

"I learned that the first day I met Marco." Adisa joked.

"He obviously gets it from his father." my mother said.

we all laughed in unison, I never felt so happy before with my family.

////////////////////

on fc bayern tv once rafinha called manu "manuela" and thomas and manu are my otps so I thought its funy.

Race // marco reusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें