vii.

"Are you avoiding me?" Marco called me again.

"no." I lied. "I've just been really busy."

maybe my mother was right about Marco finding another tour guide. someone that wasn't attached to him in any sort of way. someone not me, I didn't even plan on growing this kind of attachment towards marco but I guess things happen. Not to mention seeing him with Kathy the other day made me realize even more how different we were. He was friends with people like her and I wasn't like her at all.

" we haven't spent time together in awhile." His voice drew me out of my thoughts. "maybe we should meet up this afternoon?"

"uh." I watched the chickens walk from in front of me as I thought of a good excuse to give marco. I had to focus on myself and not on him at all times. What would happen when he went back to Germany? I'd still be here and he'll most likely move on and forget about this county and me.

"you are avoiding me." he said matter of factly through the phone.

"I'm not." I said.

"Whatever I did. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you." He said. "I promise, just let me see you today."

"okay, fine. " I sighed, you see how easily I have in to him? This wasn't something normal for me. I never gave in so easily for a guy yet alone a guy.

"come by my hotel today at 2." He said.

************

going to Marcos hotel had to be the most difficult thing I've done. Even though I was 24 and a legal adult that still did not stop my mother from giving me a lecture on how irresponsible I was acting, one again referring to Marco as "that boy". It was all quit funny watching my mother fuss over him whereas my father adored the blonde German.

I ended up getting to his hotel at 2:45 rather than 2 and he most likely thought I wasn't coming. I had to persuade and persuade the hotel manager that I sincerely knew marco and he asked me to come over which add more time so by the time I was up the elevator it was already 2:57 almost 3.

I stretched my hands out, my knuckles ready to knock on the door only to have it abruptly opened and the face of a rather angry Keith Schneider appeared. He looked at me bitterly before walking past me muttering under his breath. Marcos face appeared looking distraught and to be quit honest here, I missed seeing his face. The blonde quiff that he had was higher than ever, his black earrings glistened in the light, but only thing he was missing was the crooked smile and arrogant smirk he carried so well.

"Hey" he said.

He opened the door wider for me to enter. "Hello."

"I'm sorry about that." He apologized. "He can be a pain in the neck sometimes."

"I'm sorry for being late."

"you weren't late, well you were but Keith had me occupied." He joked.

His room, to be honest this was the first time I was actually in his hotel room. Every time we met was either at a destination, my house or the lobby of his hotel. This was where he slept.

"nice room." I slipped my sandals off and left it besides the door.

"Thanks." He closed the door. "You could sit there if you want. Anywheres fine really."

He beckoned at the couch which was a few meters away from the television. He had a dark brown coffee table between the television and couch. I took a seat on it as I watch marco walk around to a drawer and pulled out a dvd case.

"movie?" He flashed the dvd at me.

"what movie?" I asked.

" kicking and screaming." He grinned. "It's my favorite American movies."

figures. He likes things American.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++