xi.

Felix and I ? We weren't engaged well we weren't in my mind but to my mother, his mother, my father and I'm guessing him we were. To me marriage wasn't supposed to be with someone your parents were forcing you to be with, you were supposed to fall in love with them and live happily ever after and not be miserable.

I didn't want to spend alot of time at my house. The sight of my parents kept bringing me back to the thought that I may have to marry felix, unless I of crouse run away from home or something. which is highly unlikely to happen, where would I even go? northern uganda? congo? America? as if. I needed my parents just as much as they needed me to get married.

I walked about a mile from my home until one of the guys I also grew up with, samson stopped me. He he was also friends with Felix and his family and well Felix's mum told his mum and he started congratualting me and all that nonsense. I tried my hardest not to slap every beat of sweat off of his forehead.

I found myself being familiar with the path I was taking. This path took me up to mango hill, the same path that Marco and I used the first night we met. I felt extremely bad, sad, upset, anxious about not calling back Marco and explaining everything to him. I felt myself missing him more and more as these two days went on without me seeing him.

According to my father, he's kept himself busy. He went to Northern Uganda to visit some of the villages there and was due back in a few days. He was meeting up with UNICEF and they were helping build a school or something. I'm glad he's found something to keep him occupied and not get drawn into my constant drama with my mother.

I walked past a football shop with many jersey's hanging from the wall. It had everything football. balls, boots, kits, etc. Anything to do with the sport really. the back of one jersey caught my eye, it was yellow with numerals and letters on it. It was a number '11' with the name in black writing 'reus' on the back.

"excuse me?" I tried to get the shop clerks attention. "Is that Reus as in Marco Reus?"

"yes" the clerk nodded. "The Borussia Dortmund player? believe it or not, he's actually here in Uganda."

"Oh really? I had no idea." I smiled at the guy, he had no idea. "How much?"

"usually it's 25,000 Shililngs but for a pretty girl like you that's interested in football, I'll make it 10,000." The clerk winked taking the jersey from the wall.

"mhm thanks." I pulled out my wallet. I counted exactly 10,000 before handing it in to him and grabbing the jersey that was now in a plastic bag.

If your asking me why I bought that, I seriously had no idea why. I saw it and I wanted it so I bought it. it was all kind of in the moment sort of thing.

**********************************

my mind was in a different place and it wasn't on the same page as my feet. My head told me to go down to one of the restuarants and grab some lunch and my feet brought me to my fathers orphanage. I guess maybe I wanted to hang out with the kids, I just didn't know it yet.

I walked inside my fathers office. He was seated behind the desk and he was on his computer typing away who knows what. I knock on the door to let him know I was here.

"Adisa? what are you doing here?" He seemed surprised to see me, I was surprised I that I was even here. "Is everything alright?"

"what? I can't come visit my father?" I stood besides the window. "everything is fine, I just wanted to see the Orphanage, I haven't actually spent some time here in awhile."

"you know you don't have to ask me, you are always welcomed here"

I thanked my dad and continued my walk through the orphanage. It was actually a huge orphanage, it had two buildings where the children stayed and ate and then the main building where was the office and a big front coutryard as well as a back where the children ran around.

I had this one good friend who was here when I was a child, her name was Marlene, she was the same age as me. we used to always play together, until she was adopted by this English couple and they moved her to England and I never seen or heard from her since.

"Adisa?"

I turned around to see Kathy standing infront of me. I raised an eyebrow at her, I've never actually held a conversation with her that did not concern the children. We weren't you could say friends so I was actually curious as to what she wanted.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I need to talk to you." She pushed back her blonde hair from her face. "It's uhm kind of personal and I need your help."

"um ok" I was now more than confused. Me and her weren't close and we would never be, We were just too different. I followed her into the dining room, there were many tables in here and we sat at the one all the way by the window.

"it's about Marco." She confessed.

"Marco?"

"I know you two are friends and I was wondering if you can talk to him for me? I really like him." She said.

you really like him? you've only talked to him once and once only, how could you possibly like someone after conversing with them for less than an hour. this made no sense and she was only attracted to his looks and not him.

"uh huh" I looked at her. "And you want me to set you two up?"

"please?"

"aren't you going back to America in a few weeks and he's going back to Germany as well, how will that work? especially with the time differences?" I asked.

"I just want to atleast give it a shot, see where it goes." She smiles. "please, tell me you'll do it?"

"I'll think about"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++