xvii.

My days spent at home were brief. I no longer wanted to be around my mother and her negativity. And when Akita wanted to get her hair done at one of the salons and I took that opportunity to get out of the house and go with her plus I needed my own done as well. It was one of our typical girl times, we'd get our hair done and most likely our nails as well depending on how much money we've brought on us then we'd end the day at a cafe and have dinner.

I wasn't going to change the style of my hair, I'd get the same long black sleek sew ins. I never got anything outrageous or crazy like Akita who loved getting those curly Afros or black and blonde styles. I'd get a sew in or box braids once in awhile.

My eyes were ready to doze off as Patricia, the lady who was working on my hair played with my hair. It was just something about someone that messed with my hair that always made me sleepy, it felt good and I'd always doze off.

************************

After paying for our nails, Akita suggested that we go to Brown's cafe, a highly popular restaurant I the heart of kampala. I looked at my nails that were just done, My French tip nails were going to be a pain the first few hours, I could already feel it. Like my hair, I decided to go with the simple design unlike Akita who wanted those long colorful sharp styles. I was a simple girl who enjoyed simple things.

my phone buzzed on the table as we were about to order our food. I picked it up and quickly knew the numbered. I looked at Akita who didn't seemed a bit fazed by the phone call. I pulled it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Adisa, hey." Marco answered. "What are you doing right now? I want you to meet someone."

"I'm actually about to eat, marco." Akita face was quickly brought back at the mentioned of his name. She wasn't expecting for him to be the one to call, my mother probably gossiped to her parents about Marco and I.

"Oh, are you home?" He asked.

"no, I'm at this cafe." I said. "you know what, I'll just take this to go, you want me to go now?"

"If you don't mind."

"Alright. I also want you to meet someone." I peeked at Akita. "She's a good friend of mine."

"Bring her with." He said.

"alright, I'll be there in a few."

"Alright, see you soon." He said. "Oh and bring me a chapat."

"of course." I rolled my eyes. "bye Marco Reus." I hung up and met a smirking face of Akita.

"And why might Marco Reus want you to go see him?" Akita asked.

"he's my friend, duh."

"Are you sure about that?" She teased.

"ok maybe more." I murmured.

"Thought so." She grinned. "come on, your boyfriend is waiting for you and I've been waiting forever to finally see this man face to face."

"Yeah we'll have to take this to go and we might have to get two more cause he has a friend there." I said calking the waitress over.

The Serena hotel wasn't that far from the cafe as I thought. It was a good one and a half away, thank goodness cause the chicken and chips were really hot and I didn't want to spoil the salad with it as well. We walked through the lobby quickly, I didn't want to run into Marco's agent Keith or any of the camera men who stayed here as well.

I knocked on the familiar wooden door three times before Marco opened the door. He opened the door wider pulling me in a tight hug. "I missed you." He whispered. he didn't kiss me though, which would be weird for me with someone like Akita watching.

"here's your chapat and we brought you and your friend some food as well." I said once he finally let go of me, pulling up the black plastic bag that I was holding.

"Sweet." A voice from behind Marco said. I stepped further into his hotel room taking off my shoes and I noticed the man sitting on the couch with the familiar game controller in his hands.

"oh Adisa this is my best friend and teammate Pierre Aubameyang." Marco introduced us. "Pierre this is Adisa, my girlfriend and her friend that I have not met yet."

his girlfriend. hearing it coming from his mouth gave me serious goosebumps. I smiled to myself. Pierre got up from his seat and surprisingly hugged me.

"It's nice to meet you Adisa." He said.

"you too." I smiled. "And this is my best friend, Akita."

We sat on the couch eating chicken and chips while watching Marco and Pierre play football on the television. I learned that Pierre was also African, obviously. And he was from Gabon, he was going to be in the AFCON. I was excited for that tournament, but sadly Uganda didn't make it, they were so close yet they lost.

"Uganda beat Ghana at the qualifications, they should be able to go through just by accomplishing that." Akita complained as we were talking about the upcoming African tournament.

"Ghana isn't that good this year though." Pierre grinned. "Not a big accomplishment if you ask me."

He and Marco chuckled.

"um if I'm not mistaken, Ghana is the only team that Germany didn't beat at the World Cup and they are the only team to score two goals on Germany as well." Akita said. And now it was our turn to laugh as that shut both of them up.

"I bet you Ghana will make it to the finals this year." I grinned.

"I bet otherwise." Pierre challenged. "It's easily going to be a Gabon vs Algeria final."

" ok! you win I'll do whatever you want and vice versa." I held out my hands and he shook it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I've been thinking of ideas for the second story for the 'race series' and idk who the second book should be about. You guys should totally comment who you'd want to read about, I was thinking maybe antoine griezmann or marco verratti or gareth bale idk