xxv;

my mother and father sat with me in the living room. I wanted them to be 100% okay with me leaving to Germany. I knew my father was fine, it was just my mother. She was going to give me a hard time with this. She already groaned and made faces when I told her about my conquest for Marco.

"I don't know what you see in that boy." She shook her head. "You have a wonderful boy in Felix."

I frowned at her. She was being stubborn per usual. "I love Felix, but not in that romantic way. I see him as my brother nothing more. Do you want me to be happy or miserable for the rest of my life?"

"I want you to be happy of course. " she asnwered.

"Marco makes me happy." I said. "What you say will not change my mind but I'd feel much better with you supporting our relationship with one another."

"Adisa, you don't understand, people are cruel. They will tear you and Marco in pieces for being different races and being together." She says.

"I don't care what people say about us. It's Marco and my relationship but I do care what you think." I looked at her. "What people say don't matter to me. But what you think does."

"She's right." My father spoke. "If you truly see the way he looks at Adisa, its really a beautiful thing. All I want from him is to love her and treat her right and I can see that he does that."

"So you want to fly to his country?" My mom asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, and hopefully make things right."

"Then what? fly back here and have a long distance relationship?"

"I don't know." I amswered. "we'll figure that out once we reach that."

"Do you know where he even is?" She asked.

"Yeah, I talked with his teammate. He's going to help me and meet me when I get to the Airport." I explained. "I've already figured this out. I just wanted your premission."

"You can't fly on your own." My mother said.

Was 4 or 24 I thought to myself. She kept treating me like a child, which I clearly was not. I was already a legal adult but she didn't see that in her mind.

"Akita is coming as well." Which was true. Akita wanted to go and see Pierre and this was the perfect opportunity for the both of us.

"Her father is allowing her to do that?" My mum asked, her tone of voice sounded disgusted.

"Yeah, she's 24. Her parents treat her, her age." I answered.

"How will you get through Germany?" My mother continued firing all these questions at me. I knew she wouldn't make it so easy for me to leave.

"Pierre the teammate will help us, mother." I answered again.

I indeed continued to talk to Pierre going over my flight details. He insisted on paying for everything, which was unnecessary. I just needed his help getting to Dortmund and finding Marco. That was all I needed from him was an assisted tour guide.

"When are you leaving?" She asked.

"This thursday." I asnwered.

"when will you be back?"

"I don't know."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++