YGMHP~Chapter 3- The Crapper Person, Being Boring and Mating Season!

Chapter 3

"LILY!"

James sunk his body low against the broom, making it easier for him to rocket through the air. He gripped the handle so tightly he swore he heard the wood crack. Pointing the broom downwards, he raced after the flash of red that had flickered moments before.

The second he flew downhill he was instantly obscured by clouds. He cursed, flying in circles of distraught and confusion. "Lily!" He shouted again, but was only answered by an odd echoing of his own bellows.

Meanwhile, the peculiar twosome of Sirius and Remus were battling their own problems with the weather.

"I do believe we have lost James," Remus informed, gripping onto Sirius' sides so firmly in fear of his elevated death that he was probably leaving hand prints embedded into his skin.

"Oh," Sirius acknowledged, "Right you are." He took a fleeting look back to look at Remus at the same time as trying to look at the path of sky ahead of him, so not to crash into any unexpected objects- which was pretty pointless anyway because the only thing to run into was clouds, clouds, and more sodding clouds.

"Shoo! Shoo, I say!" Sirius tried to waft away the clouds as if they were an annoying, following fly on a hot day. "Effing smog…"

"Sirius, do you have any idea where we are or where we are going or where James is?"

He furrowed his brow at such a question. "Too many where's in that question, mate. Come again?"

Remus decided not to dignify him with an answer and exhaled noisily. Too little intellectual conversation made Remus Lupin an unhappy chappy.

"Oh, bloody hell!" Sirius exclaimed in outburst. "Wormtail just peed in my pocket!" He took both hands of the broom, intent on grabbing Peter and swinging him a few times by the tail to teach him a lesson. Both Remus and Sirius screamed as the broom swerved out of control, it zigzagged wildly and threatened to tip them upside down, which was not good for either of their bowel movements.

"Why are you screaming, nincompoop!" Remus yelled once Sirius had managed to be in command of the broom once again. "You must have known that would have happened if you let go of the broom handle!"

Sirius stopped the broom to a halt and made it hover. "Nincompoop? Did you just call me a nincompoop? Stupidest insult ever."

Remus gripped hard on Sirius' stomach, intending to at least scar a spleen or kidney with his fingernails.

"Ow, Moony!" Sirius whined. "Anyway, it's not as if we're going to bump into anything are we! Clouds-" he waved a hand to the left and right of them "-Clouds-" he waved a hand below them "-Clouds…" He pointed to up above but his eye caught something puzzling. "What the…?"

Remus noticed his confusion. "What?" He upturned his head to follow Sirius' gaze and spotted something red hurdling towards them through the mist. "What in Merlin's beard is that?"

"Ooo, you don't think its one of those Dementor thingys, do you?" Sirius theorised, and Remus instinctively grinded his teeth at Sirius' use of the word 'thingy'. "I read in the Quibbler –Lionel Lovegood's zany dad's newspaper- that Lord Voodoll-"

"Voldermort," Remus corrected with a sigh.

"Whatever. Well, apparently he got them on to his side and-"

"Oh my goodness!" Remus butted in, finally recognizing that the falling red object bombarding towards them was an actual person. "It's Lily!"

"What about the redhead?" Sirius asked, not putting two and two together.