YGMHP~Chapter 13- The New Note

Lily literally gripped her bed sheets and let off a silent scream when she opened her eyes the next morning to the Hospital wing surroundings, and more importantly, to a new Half Blood Prince letter on her bed sheet.

"Madam Pomfrey," she sat up further in her bed, addressing the witch across the room that was tidying beds, "Did you see who put this here?" She wagged the letter in her hand.

"No, I'm sorry, Miss Evans," the woman smiled weakly, before continuing her job.

Lily cursed inwardly and rubbed her eyelids as a way to soothe herself. Breathing out a ragged breath, she opened the letter as she did with all the others, and began to read.

The magic of first love

Is our ignorance

That it can never end.

She reread over the words again until a headache started to form on the tip of her temple. The letter was so short, yet what was it so strongly implying? That her and James' love was ignorant? That it was doomed to end? Was this Half Blood Prince going to sweep her off her feet and steal her away from James? Who was the Half Blood Prince, for heavens sake?

There was so many questions left unanswered and she gripped the bed sheet again in frustration. She scrunched up the small piece of parchment and slipped it into her pocket. She sighed, rubbing traces of Goosebumps on her arms.

"Anything wrong?" Madam Pomfrey raised her brow, standing at her bedside.

Everything was wrong.

"No, no, everything's fine," Lily reassured her.

Madam Pomfrey noticed her disgruntled face. "Cheer up, Miss Evans. You're allowed to leave today."

Somehow this wasn't happy news to Lily. She rather liked the Hospital wing; staying there had been a method of getting away from problems of life.

Unfortunately, the problem had still reached her, evidence shown from the parchment in her pocket. It was unbelievable to her how simple words on parchment could cause so much difficulty for her.

As Madam Pomfrey looked satisfied at her answer, she resumed folding bed sheets with her wand.

Lily looked up when she heard the opening of the oak doors, expecting James. At the unwanted guest, she pulled her bed sheets further up and shot the person a glare. "What are you doing here?"

It was Derrick.

She eyed the flowers in his hand he was gesturing to with odd shyness. "I heard you were in here, and I just came to see how you are and drop these off-"

"I don't want your flowers, and I don't want you here," Lily snapped, all frustration from the Half Blood Prince's taken out on him. Madam Pomfrey stopped folding the sheets, watching at the sidelines with a probing look.

Derrick stepped forward, putting the flowers on her bedside. "I'll just leave them here, then." He eyed her with concern. "Are you o-"

"Get out."

Derrick's mouth opened a little in injury. "But, Lily-"

"I said, get out!" Lily shouted. She looked at Madam Pomfrey for help. "Madam Pomfrey, I don't want him here."

"Boy, I suggest you leave," the witch more than ordered.

Derrick stood his stance.

The three looked to sound of the oak doors opening once more, where James walked through looking obliviously happy, but not for long. Pleasure was instantly wiped away and replaced with fume as he came across Derrick and the upset look upon Lily's face. Storming across the room, Lily let out a, "No, James!" as he pinned Derrick against a wall with a loud slam.