You Give Me Heart Palpitations~Chapter 1-Round About Escapades

Chapter 1

"How was your summer?"

One Lily Evans looked up into the dark, mischievous eyes of one Marauder, James Potter, a cool, composed smile spreading across her face. She leant back on the handle of her luggage trolley, trying to make it look as though his presence didn't faze her. Couldn't let him get too cocky for his boots.

"You should know," Lily retorted, subconsciously tucking a strand of long, red hair behind her ear. "You practically owled me twice a day." James turned uncharacteristically bashful. "You should follow those instructions for cleaning your teeth, not sending me letters."

James arched an eyebrow at her roguishly. "Are you suggesting I should brush my teeth more often?"

Smiling, Lily shrugged her shoulders and made no comment, ignoring the fact that James' teeth shined like the brightest of car lights.

"Not to mention," she carried on, "that you tried to floo to my house and completely destroyed my living room, possibly putting my parents into an early grave."

James still remained uncharacteristically bashful and Lily wondered whether Sirius had pasted James' cheeks with permanent blusher whilst he was sleeping again. "How was I supposed to know the fireplace had been blocked up? I mean, who does that these days?"

Lily chuckled and indicated she was indeed one of those people.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you blocked the fireplace on purpose to torture me by not letting me see you everyday," James said, moping.

Lily shrugged her shoulders casually again and even went as far stretching, as though the conversation was tiresome. As she stretched her arms out high in the air, James tugged her forwards so she was pressing up against him.

He stroked up and down her back with his thumb. "I'm not boring you, am I, Lily?"

"You have my attention." She dropped her hands from the stretch and tucked them into James' trouser pockets because: it was a sign of affection, her hands were cold, and Remus had failed to give back her green woolly gloves after using them as oven mitts.

"Euurgh!" Lily quickly removed her hands from the pockets and wiped them on James' shirt. "What did you put in those pockets, James? And please think about your answer."

James examined the gooey substance on Lily's fingers and sniffed them. "Melted chocolate frogs," he said, watching Lily wipe brown stains on him, yet not care because her fingers were soft and gave him the good-kind of goosebumps. He was about to lick the melted chocolate from her fingertips but she continued to wipe them on James' front so the kinky moment has passed, much to his disappointment.

"Where's your bum boys?" Lily asked, now playing with the tufts of James' hair.

"Marauders," he corrected her, looking cross-eyed as he tried to watch what she was doing with his tresses.

Lily smirked, "Same thing..."

James tugged her closer at this comment and decided to put his hands in the pockets of her skirt because: it was a sign of affection, his hands were cold, and Sirius had stolen his gloves to do a "doo doo" in his Animagus form in.

"The guys should be coming soon," James referred to his friends.

"Oh joy," Lily muttered unenthusiastically.

"I thought I'd come early to see you sooner."

"Your mother made you come early so you wouldn't miss the train, didn't she?"