Chapter 18- MUH-HOONEY's False Fabrications May Give Out A Duel...

Just as she was about to walk away, Snape grabbed her wrist and pulled her dangerously close to him, sneering with hatred behind the locks of his greasy ebony hair.

"Maybe you should look where you're going instead of daydreaming," Snape said, with a distinct hint in his voice that she was daydreaming about a particular messy haired James Potter.

"Let go." Lily tried her wrist away from his grasp.

"Lily!"

Their heads snapped down the corridor to see James hurrying forwards with immense concern plastered across his face.

"There's your daydream now," Snape sneered, glancing at him. "Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions...are weak."

Lily frowned, trying to interpret what he was trying to say.

"Goodbye, Evans," Snape scowled familiarly.

Lily puckered brow, but sighed in great relief as Snape let go of her wrist and shoved her away, so hard she faltered backwards. Before Lily could comprehend what had happened, Snape had stridden down the corridor and in direction of the Hogwarts' grounds; too far away for James to catch up as Lily fell backwards into him.

James managed to stable her as she tumbled in to him, instinctively holding on to her wrist, just as Snape had done. But Lily somehow felt content when James did it to her, not shivers and feelings of cutting her own hands off.

"I went to check on you in the Hospital wing but you weren't there," James said with a hurt expression.

"You did?" Lily replied, her stomach jumping.

"What did Snape say to you?"

"I don't know, something mysteriously incoherent," she said confusedly.

"I'm going to…" James trailed off into wheezing angry breaths, looking in the direction where Snape had strutted off to with fume.

"Don't do anything to him, James." Lily warned him. "Just…don't."

James eyed her sceptically. "There isn't anything, y'know, going on between you and him..."

His words dropped like a bomb.

"Excuse me?"

James winced. "I said another stupid thing, didn't I," he said regrettably.

"I cannot believe you'd even suggest that!" Lily cried, disgusted. "I shouldn't even be talking to you right now. I'm supposed to be ignoring you," she said firmly, as more of a reminder to herself.

She was about to walk away but James held on to her shoulder to stop her from turning around. Without thinking, which James seemed to do a lot whenever Lily was around, or just in general, he kissed her.

Not a good move.

At first, Lily seemed to gasp in his mouth at the sudden action and appeared to like it. That was until she remembered she wasn't supposed to be talking to him, besides exchanging saliva with the guy. She managed to dislodge her lips off and his and did the first thing she felt instinctive: she kicked him in his gonads.

Because violence is always the answer.

Lily had never kicked him in his testicular area, only occasionally hit him upside the head, but that was more of a playful way. This one was in his delicate area - it was a hard kick and the classic sign that you had successfully buggered things up big time.