Chapter 2-Lost Prongsie and James' Mother?

Chapter 2-Lost Progsie and James' Mother?

Remus entered the common room wearing a highly bright and noticeable scarf to cover the highly bright and noticeable bite from Sirius that marked his neck. He ambled over to Sirius who was looking highly sorrowful; Remus could tell by the dramatic cries he hollered unnecessarily every few seconds. His cries seeming to be encouraging others to cry as well, but in pain, as their eardrums burst from his booming.

"Padfoot," Remus began warily, tapping Sirius on the shoulder. "What are you doing?"

Sirius turned around from sticking some sort of poster on the notice board and brightened at Remus' appearance.

"Lovely scarf, Moony. Really brings out your eyes." Sirius tugged on the scarf a little too hard, causing Remus to slightly choke, then tickled his nose with it.

"You scare me sometimes, Sirius." Remus scrunched his nose.

"You look a little red. Your face is all blotchy and covered in rashes."

"It's this bloody scarf," Remus grunted, scratching at the top of his neck. "I'm all itchy. I think I'm allergic to the material."

"Moony," he sighed, "you can't be allergic to a scarf, you berk!" He laughed with much gusto, and Remus rolled his eyes. Sirius took on an unusual deep face. "I have news of the grave, my fellow Marauder."

"Don't you mean grave news?"

"Whatever. I have to tell you," Sirius paused dramatically, "Prongs is missing."

Remus blinked. "What?"

"Prongs is missing! He's gone!"

Remus couldn't help but chuckle.

"Why are you laughing? This is not a humours matter!" Sirius proclaimed.

"Sorry. It was just funny the way you said it as if James was a lost pet."

"But he is a lost pet!" exclaimed Sirius. "We've lost our pet stag! We've lost our Prongsie!"

"Why are you talking as if James is our child?"

"But he is our child!" Sirius grabbed Remus by the shoulders, shaking him violently. "Our little ridiculously messy haired, four-eyed freaky boy is out there lost in the world! No food, no water, no shelter-"

"Padfoot, stop it, I'm getting nauseous," Remus interrupted, and Sirius stopped waggling him. "What are you even talking about? He can't have left Hogwarts. He's probably just moping around the corridors after the whole broom closet incident. You know Lily was especially annoyed at him for 'interrupting her privacy' and has been avoiding him ever since she moaned his name."

"But I haven't seen him all day. Can't a Padfoot be worried?" Sirius gave no time for Remus to answer. "We have to go find him!"

"I think he wants his privacy to have a face like a smacked arse."

"But, Moony! I've already made posters!"

"What?" Remus said dreadfully.

Sirius stepped to one side, revealing the notice board which had been advertising Hogsmeade weekends and Quidditch practice times, but was now covered by a large poster bearing the words 'MISSING BOY'.

"Oh God," Remus muttered. He examined the poster as Sirius smiled proudly at his handiwork. "'Please find our lost James Potter. Calls to the name of 'Prongs'," he read aloud. "Five foot something, lanky with untamed hair. Infatuation with Lily Evans. Approach with caution; he may be hysterical'."