Chapter 11-Oho! Potions with the Slug (Part Two)

Remus winced at the harsh remark, but couldn't help but say: "A bit of both actually."

Lily snorted and continued back to stirring her potion.

"Look, Lily, will you please-"

"Three, four, five..." She carried on counting in her stirring.

"Just give James a-"

"Six, seven, eight, nine..."

"Chance, because he really-

"Ten, eleven, twelve..."

"Likes you and-"

"I don't, thirteen, fourteen, want to, fifteen, sixteen, hear it, Remus." She said in between counts.

Remus cursed. "But Lily-"

"I don't, seventeen, eighteen, want to, nineteen, hear it, TWENTY!"

Remus knew not to push it, and this was one of those times. He knew when girls were pissed off that you basically had to leave them alone – he was an intelligent guy.

"Well, this doesn't look like a good time..." He cowered under Lily's glare. "Bye then!" He hurried off back to his seat. Sirius gave him an inclining look but Remus simply just shook his head. Sirius grimaced, knowing that one Marauder was down and only two remained.

"How's your potion, Sirius?" Peter asked, mainly because he wanted anything to compare to his potion which was spitting and giving him sunburn.

"Not good, Wormtail," Sirius replied. He scooped a spoon into his cauldron which broke, leaving the bottom of the utensil stuck in his potion of sludge.

"When it does that, it is a clear sign that you are not supposed to drink it," Remus acknowledged.

"You may be right," Sirius wagged a finger at him. "I call it," he suddenly took on an impressive French accent, "Potion a La Crap!" He raised his hands in the air. Knowing he was doing exceptionally poor at the class, he quickly made another comment to Professor Slughorn.

"If only I were twenty years older and a woman, sir!"

Slughorn laughed.

"Will you stop sucking up to The Slug." James scowled for the hundredth time that morning. "Major vomiting-ness."

"Prongs, you know how much I suck at Potions. This is the only way I can get my grades up," Sirius murmured to him. "Oh, Professor," he turned to Slughorn again, "You are the best teacher everHorace!"

Slughorn heightened his stance, which didn't make him any taller. "Well, I do have great knowledge in the Wizarding field of Potions making, and my teaching techniques are rather envied by others."

"Maybe I should try sucking up to The Slug," Peter said, prodding his potion that had oddly turned solid.

"Sorry, Wormtail," Sirius patted him on the back, "Only I can pull it off."

"Instead of sucking up, why don't you just study more?" Remus suggested, and then regretted the suggestion when Sirius barked a laugh and remembered that Sirius and endless hours of studying would only be something he would see in a parallel universe - which was also too bad because he didn't believe in them as he thought they were scientifically incorrect.

"Okay, your turn, Pete," Sirius informed the boy.

"W-what? W-what's my turn?"

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Your turn to talk to Evans."