Chapter 10-The Cat Who Got More Then Cream

"Dun-dun dahna! Dun-dun dahna!-"

"Quit it-"

"Dun-dun dahna! Dun-dun dahna!-"

"Quit it-"

"Dun-nah-na! Dun-nah-na! Da-na!"

Sirius dived to the ground, making a very impressive role.

Peter hid himself behind the knights of armour along the corridor, peeking behind them to see the enemy...that wasn't there.

James slid against the wall, inconspicuously trying to blend in with the surrounds - which was unnecessary because he was invisible anyway.

"Will you guys just quit it!" Remus complained. He had watched for the past ten minutes his friends made extreme fools of themselves. "You're not bloody secret agents!"

Unfortunately, in Sirius' impressive role to the floor, he had collided into a gigantic menacing seventh year.

Peter in his haste to conceal himself, tumbled into one of the knights of armour, setting off a very loud crash.

James' sly sliding against the wall caused some furious portraits to shout and scream because they had been smudged and nearly suffocated by an invisible weight.

"Woops," Sirius cringed, looking at the tree trunks that were the seventh year's legs. The giant stepped over him as if he were a dirty puddle. Sirius was very much relieved and got back to Secret-Agent-Mode. He jumped to his feet and stuck his hands together making a gun sign with his fingers, pointing it to the first person who regrettably got in the way of Double Agent Padfoot, or James' more appropriate nickname: Double Agent Pervert.

"Black, do not point that finger gun at me!" Professor McGonagall said menacingly, the unlucky woman to be Sirius' first target.

He instantly dropped his hands to his front and bowed his head. "Sorry, Professor," he mumbled. McGonagall gave Sirius and the boys a strange look before walking hurriedly to her office.

"Oi, Double Agent Pervert," James hissed.

"I told you, it's Double Agent Padfoot," Sirius corrected him, "Or Double Agent Sirius-Black-the-Mighty-King-of-blow-Up-Chairs-and-King-of-the-World."

"I think we'll pass on the latter," Remus said. "Can we please quit the secret agent thing? It's completely pointless and I doubt it'll help us find Whiskers quicker."

"So, back to running around the corridors aimlessly?" Peter suggested. The others nodded before all breaking into a run again.

Five minutes later, the Fantastic Four-I mean, The Marauders, had stopped again in an unknown corridor to catch their breath; each boy was wheezing from running and clutching their stomachs painfully.

"I think I've got a stitch," Peter said.

"Okay, this whole running thing I do not like," Sirius mentioned, stabling himself as he leaned against a wall.

"God, you're so...unfit...Padfoot. I don't know what...you're complaining about," James managed to muster in between breaths.

"It's the best thing we can do," Remus told him, but was unsure where he was supposed to be addressing to as James was currently invisible. He looked at Sirius and where he thought James was standing. "Besides, you both play Quidditch. You should be fit enough."

Mutually, James and Sirius barked a laugh; which unnerved Remus especially when James' laughing appeared to be coming from nowhere. "C'mon, Quidditch is ea-sy!" James insisted.