Visiting the Military Camp to Buy Gems

A light knock sounded on my door, indicating a servant was here. I could see she was bringing breakfast as it walked behind her.

After a quick breakfast of two, I flung open the door to Zenobia's room where she was getting dressed.

"We're leaving, let's go."

I spun around and walked out of my room as she stumbled along behind me while she finished dressing. Lady Nyx and Nova were in the office; I thought I should stop by, so I made my way in that direction.

I knocked on the door, and Lady Nyx's command came from the other side, "Enter."

I pushed open the door to a very similar scene as yesterday.

"I'm off, see you later." I smirked as if I knew something. "Have fun together and don't get in trouble for it, you two."

I know nothing; I promise it's an innocent comment. I'm not trying to make your subconscious wonder and eat away at your mind.

Anger passed over Nova's face. "Who do you think—"

Lady Nyx stopped her by raising her hand and put on her signature polite smile, "Have a good time, Mr. Frost."

I turned around and left, pulling the door shut behind me. Nova was fuming about how I dared to tell them what to do, oblivious to the shadow of doubt that unknowingly passed over her twin's face.

I led the way out of the mansion and through the gate. "Zenobia, how would one usually get to the battlefield?"

"If it is just a vampire, they would usually fly. Slaves are transported on trains."

I zipped around behind her and lifted her up before taking to the skies. I know we are going east but do not know the exact location, so I will go east until I see it, then look along it until I find the main camp.

I just decided to glide along with magic rather than flapping my wings, but not too fast so if my arrival time was ever reported it wouldn't be strange.

I just glided along at a lazy pace under the starry sky and occasional cloud for about 12 hours; the sun was just beginning to come up. I saw a barren area in front of me with patrols walking and flying in groups. I changed how I was flying to the normal flap flap. I looked across the barren area but could not see the other side even with how high I currently was.

The patrols spotted me, and one broke off from the group and headed in my direction. I decided to hover and just wait for him to come to me.

He glanced at Zenobia in my arms with a bit of confusion. "May I inquire what business you have here?" He inquired it in a respectful tone, probably due to my strength.

I pulled the letter from Lady Nyx out of my pocket. "I have a letter for..." I had to look at the name again. "General Gregor Durnell from Lady Nyx."

He took the letter, looked at the seal, then handed it back to me. "Please follow me."

He waved at the rest of his patrol to go on without him and we flew south. After a few minutes, a town with only 1-story buildings came into view. It looked quite funny being so flat and uniform.

"We must descend here and walk the rest of the way."

I dropped down first, and he followed right after. My feet hit the ground gently and without sound, I set Zenobia down but she seemed unable to stand.

The sound of another person landing beside me was heard. "This way, please."

I wasn't going to wait around for Zenobia to be able to stand again and simply tossed her over my shoulder to continue.